Can DACs output sound simultaneously with another source on the PC?
Apr 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Butthungrymonke

New Head-Fier
Windows 7 doesnt allow usage of multiple sources to output sound simultaneously. If I go to playback devices in the sound settings I can only choose 1 source as a default output device.

So I was wondering, if I get something like a Schiit Modi will I have to choose that as my only output device or can I also use another source to output sound simultaneously.

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 6
With almost all playback software like Foobar, Winamp, iTunes or whatever you can specify the output device independently from the default windows output device.  i.e. Use the Modi for music playback, and whatever the default windows output device is for everything else.

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Umm no, how many ears do you have anyway
normal_smile .gif

Seriously though what is it you are trying to do?

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Right now I am using a transmitter that outputs audio to my wireless headphones. I want to be able to watch movies with my gf and use my headphones through the modi, while she uses the wireless headphones. Since I can't select two audio sources to play simultaneously, I'm not sure I can use the DAC.

Perhaps I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be. Can you guys give me some advice?

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back