Can Con 6.0 - Sydney Australia meet ~ 27th Feburary 2016 ~
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #61 of 96
I think they listed their new product in the indigogo.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/conductor-v2-usb-soundcard-8watt-head-amp-preamp
Yeah. That's where I got the indication (skim read it) that the Burson soloist/conductor 2 would still be $1000 usd and aud from their previous pricing policy (parity)

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #62 of 96
A question re can con. I'm trying everything I can to get there by hook or by crook but as I don't have a laptop I'd be bringing my dac and amp with no music.

I can bring an external hd that contains my music files if that helps (used with my Mac)

Is that an issue or do most people bring there own sources (lap tops etc) that they use? I didn't pay too much attention to this last year.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #63 of 96
yeah bit the bullet and bought the now older conductor virtuoso which ive been eyeing for a loooong time for about 1.2k. Hope it sounds good with LCD 2-s

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #64 of 96
A question re can con. I'm trying everything I can to get there by hook or by crook but as I don't have a laptop I'd be bringing my dac and amp with no music.

I can bring an external hd that contains my music files if that helps (used with my Mac)

Is that an issue or do most people bring there own sources (lap tops etc) that they use? I didn't pay too much attention to this last year.

I guess most people with a desktop DAC/amp will bring their own source e.g. laptop/DAP/smartphone etc.

I'm sure there will be a way to hook up your external HDD to laptops, but the best bet would be to load up a smartphone/DAP SD card with music so that it can be hooked up to a DAC easily.

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #65 of 96
Hi Folks,

IFI - Gear to bring; Nano and Micro Series. 
IPURIFIER AND IPURIFIER 2
IPOWER 9V

IDSD NANO 
IDSD MICRO

IDAC
IDAC 2 DSD

ICAN MICRO
ICAN NANO 
ICAN MICRO SE

ITUBE
IUSB
IUSB3.0

GEMINI AND MERCURY CABLES.
IRACK

AMR - Gear to bring;
DP-777 SE SAC/PRE & CD-777 with QC and Tube upgrade. 

KINGSOUND -Gear to bring;
KS2 & M10 

Other;
Cables  Custom by us.
Media player 
Mac

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #66 of 96
  Hi Folks,
IFI - Gear to bring; Nano and Micro Series. 
IPURIFIER AND IPURIFIER 2
IPOWER 9V

IDSD NANO 
IDSD MICRO

IDAC
IDAC 2 DSD

ICAN MICRO
ICAN NANO 
ICAN MICRO SE

ITUBE
IUSB
IUSB3.0

GEMINI AND MERCURY CABLES.
IRACK

AMR - Gear to bring;
DP-777 SE SAC/PRE & CD-777 with QC and Tube upgrade. 

KINGSOUND -Gear to bring;
KS2 & M10 

Other;
Cables  Custom by us.
Media player 
Mac

Looks great. I would love to try the micro iDAC2 to compare against my micro iDSD, since I want just a line level USB DAC for desktop use.

The Kingsound M10 would be nice if anyone is bringing a STAX headphones (I don't have any).
Do you have those portable M-03 amps?

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #67 of 96
  Never been to a meet up before, would be nice to meet people in person. 

I have a:
  1. Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir, but have recently sold my LCD-2 and balanced cable - so anyone who has either 4 pin balanced XLR, or dual 3 pin XLRs are more than welcome to give them a go or connect their own amp to my Gungnir. 
  2. Lafigaro 339 with a couple different tubes - and it pairs really well with my HD650 which I can bring as well. 
  3. SE846 and SE535 but no good amp to pair it with - more than happy to bring them along. Also anyone know any good places to buy some tips plz let me know, I've lost both original sets of tips (put them in the same box) - only have the ones that are still on it. Also if anyone has the Chord Mojo, I am super keen to try it out. 
  4. I have a PSB M4U2 which I can bring if people want

More than happy to share all my equipment - not nearly as amazing as most other people, but hopefully people can still enjoy. 

Sounds amazing to me :)

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #68 of 96
Never been to a meet up before, would be nice to meet people in person. 

I have a:
  • Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir, but have recently sold my LCD-2 and balanced cable - so anyone who has either 4 pin balanced XLR, or dual 3 pin XLRs are more than welcome to give them a go or connect their own amp to my Gungnir. 
  • Lafigaro 339 with a couple different tubes - and it pairs really well with my HD650 which I can bring as well. 
  • SE846 and SE535 but no good amp to pair it with - more than happy to bring them along. Also anyone know any good places to buy some tips plz let me know, I've lost both original sets of tips (put them in the same box) - only have the ones that are still on it. Also if anyone has the Chord Mojo, I am super keen to try it out. 
  • I have a PSB M4U2 which I can bring if people want

More than happy to share all my equipment - not nearly as amazing as most other people, but hopefully people can still enjoy. 

I have dozens of unused spare Shure Yellow foam tips and some Comply mid and small size tips for SE series. I can bring them if you're interested. :)

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #70 of 96
I thought I could bring my Beyerdynamic AKT8iE, but unfortunately it doesn't look like I will get it back from the warranty repair job by Saturday.
Right channel driver suddenly stopped working in January, and haven't got it back since..

I guess I have some other gear to bring along..

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #71 of 96
Hi everyone

I am new to this site (just joined yesterday) and never been to a Can Con before. I apologise for the silly question but can I still attend if I dont have anything to bring?
I am in the process of researching to buy IEM. Does this meet allow me to try other peoples IEM's?

Again sorry for the newbie question. Thought id rather take the risk of looking like a fool on here then actually in person at the meet. 

Cheers,

Shaz.

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #72 of 96
I'm back on for Saturday so I'll be there with my wa2 and Metrum hex dac and hd800's

I'll also have my fiio x5 which is up for sale in the classifieds (with accompanying sd cards) for any interested parties too.

See you there.

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #73 of 96
  Hi everyone

I am new to this site (just joined yesterday) and never been to a Can Con before. I apologise for the silly question but can I still attend if I dont have anything to bring?
I am in the process of researching to buy IEM. Does this meet allow me to try other peoples IEM's?

Again sorry for the newbie question. Thought id rather take the risk of looking like a fool on here then actually in person at the meet. 

Cheers,

Shaz.

I personally think this is the best sort of thing to go to if you don't have anything to bring or don't want to bring anything. Don't be intimidated by it, is all I mean.

It will be a decently long day, but basically just having so much available to try and talk about and play with without worrying about your own stuff means you get to maximise your time examining your preferences and how you feela bout it - and just getting a feel for the hobby as well. For that reason I find it's just as important to bring budget/entry level stuff as well as expensive stuff, because everyone has a reason and a way to want to try/get started/evaluate.
To me it seems that people break down into two categories - demonstrators and evaluators. That being said, there's a fair bit of cross-over as everyone does want to try the stuff or talk about the stuff they don't otherwise experience, but in general I think it holds up as a statement. Some people have a lot of stuff, and a lot of insight, and they bring to share and exhibit and others want to be able to revel in that insight. And everyone, all together, gets to enjoy a good - and thanks to hpz and pwkak - a warm, welcoming time where everyone has a safe and pleasant experience. :)
It has seemed that lately there aren't enough people who are new to the hobby coming to CanCon for the Sydney area - and as such it will be a real pleasure on both ends I hope.. to share our collective enthusiasm.

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #74 of 96
Does anyone know of and/or have any velours that would be suitable for the A900x? I would love some recommendations, chance to trial, any assistance with putting them on.
I'm kinda stupid/hopeless? But if not, no big deal. :)

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #75 of 96
Hi everyone

Cheers,

Shaz.
Minidisc in Chatswood is a store/showroom that has heaps of headphones and iems to try. Wing is the name of the guy and everyone here can vouch for him. A great guy, great store with no pressure whatsoever to buy. And very good prices.

His store is about to move around the corner from where he currently is but will still be right there at Chatswood station. Here's a link of what he has for demo in store.

http://www.minidisc.com.au/available_for_demo.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back