Can Con 6.0 - Sydney Australia meet ~ 27th Feburary 2016 ~
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #31 of 96
Would be great to get more turnout, especially the casual Head-Fi'ers who are just starting to get into the headphones hobby.

There's no need for everyone to already have fancy gear. This is a good opportunity to try out some of the best headphones in a casual quiet environment.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #32 of 96
Possibly - I have a few cables I am trying out from Norne Audio, and one from DHC to spare (I bought too short and ordered a second) all are terminated balanced most in dual 3 pin XLR. I'm undecided which to sell apart from the spare DHC.

Damn a cable from DHC might be too expensive for me hahaha. Was hoping to grab one for $100.

On another note, I'll probably be bringing nothing. I think we have enough HD800s with some great set ups. Hopefully we get a good turn out this year, I'm looking forward to seeing what other people bring :)

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #34 of 96
Exciting! I've always wanted to go to a can meet! But will know closer to the date if I can make it.

I can bring:

DT880pro
Alessandro MS-1

Etymotics HF5
Earsonics SM64

DX90

With tips for IEM's how does that work for testers, just clean after use and only use silicone?

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #35 of 96
Damn a cable from DHC might be too expensive for me hahaha. Was hoping to grab one for $100.

On another note, I'll probably be bringing nothing. I think we have enough HD800s with some great set ups. Hopefully we get a good turn out this year, I'm looking forward to seeing what other people bring :)

Should still bring your headphone to try on different gears.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #36 of 96
Exciting! I've always wanted to go to a can meet! But will know closer to the date if I can make it.

I can bring:

DT880pro
Alessandro MS-1

Etymotics HF5
Earsonics SM64

DX90

With tips for IEM's how does that work for testers, just clean after use and only use silicone?

There will be baby wipes provided.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #37 of 96
Would be great to get more turnout, especially the casual Head-Fi'ers who are just starting to get into the headphones hobby.

There's no need for everyone to already have fancy gear. This is a good opportunity to try out some of the best headphones in a casual quiet environment.

also with everyone having their own preferences, it is a great opportunity to try different combination. Or share experiences.

Feb 3, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #38 of 96
I wonder how we can get more turnout, while still maintaining the Head-Fi community feel.
I think there are enough interested people around in Sydney, and it just needs a bit more critical mass to help spread the word to everyone.

Quite often I hear from people afterwards that they didn't even know about the meeting.

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #41 of 96

Hi, I'll try my darndest to attend.
I should be able to bring ATH-W1000z and maybe some other stuff, not sure what anyone wants to see/hear.

I can bring
Grado PS-500
JVC DX-700

and
AKG K550
Shure SRH840
ATH-A900X
Beyer DT1350

if anyone hasa  particular interest, otherwise I'll be keeping it light.

I likely will bring a laptop and an E07K.

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #42 of 96
I should be able to make it.
I will bring a friend.
I'm not sure exactly what gear I will bring, but it will be electrostatic.

Feb 6, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #43 of 96
I am not going to be able to get to Sydney for the meet sadl, would love to hear some of the gear mentioned already.....it is 4hrs each way...i hope it is awesome & i can get to the next one maybe
On sandalaudio's idea of a wider audience, is there a chance to get something in the shop at minidisc and addictedtoaudio maybe that lets people know its on? Thinking they are audio hotspots & like-minded? The shops are mentioned here a lot
Just thinking...

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #44 of 96
Yes I will be attending.

I can't believe this is finally happening, I'll be flying from darwin for some other errands but i'm in Sydney on that day, I'll be there!

I can definitely bring HD650s and possibly bottlehead crack w/speedball although its been playing up ever since i electrocuted myself with it...
Also my macbook with tidal? 

Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back