Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet!
May 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #301 of 343
  Biggest thanks goes to you of course as you did all the hard work.
Looking forward to future meets :)
Maybe we can get more and more people + gear. Pretty sure I heard that some people wanted a taste of Audeze (me included).

+1

Whooo Can Con 4 was a blast! Made some new friends and I got some good video. Gonna be a lot to sort through but hopefully I'll put up something cool!

Big shout out to Acustoms for making it to the meet and of course Paul for organising the event once again.

Was absolutely awesome to have a chat, and listen to some pretty incredible gear. (Will have full meet impressions when I am less sleeepy). Hopefully we can keep something going as far as more regular mini meets... maybe even using this thread? 

+2

Here's my video of the meet :D

And now it is forever enshrined in memory, for better or for worse...

Very Nice!

Meet impressions:

-Standout for me was the Chord playing some DSD files on Taka's gear.  Crazy, unimagined levels of detail and "they are here" realism.

-Invicta was fantastic as always, puts my DAC to shame.

-GSX has a warmth to it I didn't expect but still very detailed.

-Unfortunately no chance to hear the Calyx Femto, will have to listen to this next year hopefully!

-Burson Soloist with TH900:  Great imaging, spooky at times, lots of bass, bass rather warm too.  Nice treble sparkle and 3D projection.  Best results when using the built in amplifier.

-ZX1:  great sound, I'm not familiar with portable gear but this blows my my old ipod to shreds.

-UM Mentor Nice mids and hights, rather forward presentation but great transient response and extension.  Way too much bass rules it out for me.

-UM miracle universal demo, smooth, sweet, spacious but slightly diffuse and blurry.  Apparently the universal is nothing like the custom.  Better balanced than the Mentor, at least with the fit I had.

May 5, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #302 of 343
I think while many thanks have to be given to phawk for organising, a lot of appreciation must be given to people like sandalaudio and gandah for bringing down their extremely heavy gear for us to try

Yes definitely~ as well as everyone for being there. AND viper0700 and other members who helped picking up the key and setting up the meet~

May 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #303 of 343
  Great video Lachlan, hopefully it will appear on Head-Fi Featured Content sometime soon
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
~Steve

Well if someone were to hint hint report the post to the mods hint hint it might get featured hint hint...

I would do it myself but I am soooooooooo modest.... ^___^

May 6, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #304 of 343
Too bad I wasnt free to attend. If i had to pick a single thing it would be to try the AK240 DAP. Did anyone have it there? Would be willing to pay to hear it haha...

PM if you're in sydney with one and is willing to let me test out this bad boy OMG

May 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #305 of 343
  This was an incredible first time experience for me! Love the variety of headphones and other equipment I got to try out. Once a year is indeed not enough for these things to occur. When is the next one! Fell in love with the PS1000. Thanks to whoever brought it in! Creative aurvana live 2's were awesome for me as well.

Hear, hear!

May 9, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #306 of 343
I've been informed by the mods that if we want some featured page loving for our little meet we will have to start a new impressions thread because they don't want to promote a thread with 18 pages of planning information lol.

May 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #307 of 343
You should have started the impressions thread right after the meet finished and posted your video on there.

Most of the attendees would have moved on by now as it's been almost a 3 day gap between your post and the previous one.

May 9, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #308 of 343
Ahahah yes. With the benefit of hindsight *sadface*

May 10, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #310 of 343
You should have started the impressions thread right after the meet finished and posted your video on there.

Most of the attendees would have moved on by now as it's been almost a 3 day gap between your post and the previous one.

=) you could probably ask mods to split off the posts in the thread into an impressions one (starting from last organizer one that you could edit).

at least phpbb and invision allowed that, not sure about huddler

ps hi Sydey hf people! :p . looks like it was a great meet :wink: (and good to see you talked ACustoms/UMAus into coming)

May 13, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #311 of 343
Hey guys, 

Massive thanks for having us and a big shout out to Paul for organising this event and inviting us to come along, as well to Lachlan for documenting it so hilariously.

We really appreciate all of your support and it was great to get the thoughts of some very seasoned ears on some of the gear we brought down.

Hopefully we'll be able to make it for many more to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back