Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Nov 21, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #211 of 307
  Hi is it not too late to throw my name in the ring? I'd like to come too, and I can bring in a pair of Dunu Dn1000s  

Going to be bringing gear my friend? :)

Also does anyone have a pair of STAX that they're willing to bring to the meet? I'm quite curious as to how they sound. I'm still yet to try the electrostatic type of headphone. Come to think of it, I haven't auditioned any planars for more than 10 mins either....

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #214 of 307
My TH900 won't be making it this meet, there off to Japan for repair, left channel has died after a clean, my bad
frown.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #215 of 307
  somebody needs to bring a set of christmas lights

I will see if I can find something cheap at Kmart....

yayaya and my cmoy amp lol I also have a pair of jvc fxt90s and yamaha eph100s but dont think they will stand out so much at the meet...

I think EPH-100 is one of the best hidden gems out there. Yamaha guys said it didn't sell well because the tube is too fat and hurts peoples ears. Also their bigger HPH headphones actually sounds quite good, and would have sold well if only they didn't have the obvious design branding issues...

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #216 of 307
Okay, so looking at the amount of people going... $20 x 23 = $460.

Is this going to be enough to cover the cost of the venue hire, tea and lunch? And if it's more than enough, what happens to the excess cash?

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #219 of 307
  I would be responsible for any short or excess amount. ^ ^

Again, please let us know if there is a shortfall.

Likewise, if we could make this a collective thing - we could thus use any excess to a) reimburse Paul for his efforts and passion (as implied) or b) put towards next Con in case we have similar funding troubles.

Hopefully we never have funding troubles..

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #220 of 307
  yayaya and my cmoy amp lol I also have a pair of jvc fxt90s and yamaha eph100s but dont think they will stand out so much at the meet...

Please bring both. I'll be the Indian looking American sounding guy with a red skullcap. I really want to try both, because I'm needing some IEMs about that price point - and want to be able to decide whther to go in that direction or the IM70/IM0x models perhaps.

If you can, at least :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #222 of 307

Likewise, if we could make this a collective thing - we could thus use any excess to a) reimburse Paul for his efforts and passion (as implied) or b) put towards next Con in case we have similar funding troubles.

Hopefully we never have funding troubles..

Based on the previous meets, having not enough attendants and therefore Paul having to personally cover the cost is the biggest worry.

Considering that he has always been organising the Sydney meets so excellently, I hope everyone helps to make his process as effortless as possible.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #223 of 307
Uhh... yes? This is the first Can-Con I will be attending so I don't know how the whole money thing worked.

Was it a rude question to ask?
th guy takes the time to organize all this and take the risk of paying for any short coming and we are asking him what's going to happen with the extra money...

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #224 of 307

Based on the previous meets, having not enough attendants and therefore Paul having to personally cover the cost is the biggest worry.

Considering that he has always been organising the Sydney meets so excellently, I hope everyone helps to make his process as effortless as possible.

Absolutely, and mitigating that risk (his risk, and the risk of him burning out on this) is the most important factor for sure. Cheers pkwak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back