Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)!
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #196 of 307
I missed the whole thing.
Anyhow, is max one coming just for the sake of me keeping this list up to date?

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #197 of 307
Pretty much, I think most of us are pretty laid back, and most of the rules are pretty self evident, but somebody has to come up with wording, and maybe not everyone will be happy with the wording, and I can't speak for the organisers but I think the door was opened for suggested improvements.

Honestly I'm not sure how diplomatically one can word requests regarding to personal hygiene, grooming, behaviour and etiquette without the guidelines coming off as suggestions rather than necessity.  Some of these things are not self evident, but IMO all the guidelines are reasonable given the nature of the event.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #198 of 307
By the way, if anybody is driving over to the meet and passing through Central/Broadway area, please PM me if I can catch a ride.
I will have two big suitcases full of gear so it's a bit of an effort. If no ride is available then I can always catch a train there.
it would be indeed terrible if you have to pull two trolleys while catching the train. Please, is there anyone passing Broadway area?

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #199 of 307
  I think I've been to all of the past Sydney meets and have always had good times with fantastic organisation.
I am sure this one will be a great one too.

A strict set of rules ensure the members act professionally, and I feel comfortable bringing over $10,000+ worth of my gear.
We are also fortunate to have a guest vendor Minidisc.com.au with lots of their precious demo equipment.

By the way, if anybody is driving over to the meet and passing through Central/Broadway area, please PM me if I can catch a ride.
I will have two big suitcases full of gear so it's a bit of an effort. If no ride is available then I can always catch a train there.

+1

mind if I join too? I'm in Sydney area (CBD)

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #201 of 307
my quote was" Hi, I am attending. could you please add me. Thanks."

Max I think the member swannie007 wrongly quoted you, he wanted to quote the original post but for some reason he quoted you. You have done nothing wrong.

As to the wording of the first post when I read it for the first time it did come across as a little passive aggressive but I think I decided to include a twist of humour into it, I think it is alot better to have a set of rules than not to have it. 
Thanks for all the effort guys and like the saying goes "cant please them all!"

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #202 of 307
my quote was" Hi, I am attending. could you please add me. Thanks."

Added to attending :)
Bringing gear or coming for the listen? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #205 of 307
Just for your future benefit max one, try not to quote whole posts if your reply is only a few lines. Particularly if the quoted post is over a foot long/has lots of pictures. People will appreciate it if long quotes are snipped/only a few specific lines are quoted. 

Otherwise enjoy your first Can Con - you're sure to enjoy yourself and your jaw will drop when you see sandalaudio's headphone tree.

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #207 of 307
Is it a worthwhile suggestion to bring a sign of what's available at each station?

I'm very excited about a lot of things, but unless getting a visual on where things are, I feel I'll likely forget or miss out on things (especially small things) - also makes it easier to figure out who owns what :)

Edit: Obviously for huge displays (such as the tree) this becomes fairly prohibitive and is outside the point. :)

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #209 of 307
Is it a worthwhile suggestion to bring a sign of what's available at each station?

I'm very excited about a lot of things, but unless getting a visual on where things are, I feel I'll likely forget or miss out on things (especially small things) - also makes it easier to figure out who owns what :)

Edit: Obviously for huge displays (such as the tree) this becomes fairly prohibitive and is outside the point. :)
had considered having signs but tables are usually full of gears and there are usually no space to put the signs. Otherwise the signs would get lost. I usually bring instruction for my portable amp but they usually get lost. However do feel free to bring sign if you want but it is up to each member.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #210 of 307
had considered having signs but tables are usually full of gears and there are usually no space to put the signs. Otherwise the signs would get lost. I usually bring instruction for my portable amp but they usually get lost. However do feel free to bring sign if you want but it is up to each member.

It would probably be a good idea for everyone to tag their name to their gear on headphones cables, and to stick instructions and whatnot to their DAC/AMP's etc. That way they don't get lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back