Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
Jun 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #76 of 421
I thought I replied to this? I got another PM from you, but I thought I posted in the thread?

>days hmm, hard to say, depends on whether i'm flying or driving. dont think flying is an option with my dac this year, so its either just the portable sabre, or the full dac faceoff with Tom if I drive down.

ah Sorry Jeremy. Errr, not quite sure why I did that, I guess I didn't really understand that part at first. (looks like you're saying you might have to drive with a friend, since the dac is too heavy/unsafe to fly/you're unsure whether you can make it if you bring the dac?)... as I said, didn't really understand what you were trying to say.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #77 of 421
Quote:
Paul (pkwak) says it's in Epping (is suitable = has powerpoints/tables/chairs) and has carpet = better
smily_headphones1.gif
(Plus I think it might be easier for him to arrange with the people who own it)

Is this the Epping club? I live nearby, its a nice place :)

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #78 of 421
Is this the Epping club? I live nearby, its a nice place :)
dunno, ask paul :wink:

hmph, audiofly pulled out, saying they're attending a meet in the us during that week.

on the bright side, a2a said to have a look at their site and let them know what gear people want them to bring (subject to demo stock availability =) ). you can PM http://www.head-fi.org/u/181760/gpoutakidis and their site is http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #79 of 421
Hey got a happy update for you guys, I should have a MS Pro that I can bring along too :)

Would a_rec bring his MA900 that I do not know. 
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #80 of 421
nvm

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #81 of 421
SUBSCRIBED!

I would definitely turn up for this.

Fostex HP-P1
Shure SRH940
Shure SE535Ltd
Westone ES5 (provided I get them by then!)

Going back to read through all 5 pages...

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #82 of 421
Quote:
Hey got a happy update for you guys, I should have a MS Pro that I can bring along too :)

Would a_rec bring his MA900 that I do not know. 
tongue.gif

I should be able to bring the MA900, and a surprise new star, the JVC FXD80!

Also, I just got invited into the Sony brand experience program, so I may see if I can get a rep down to be part of the event? :)

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #84 of 421
Also keen. Been buying stuff without being able to try it first for way too long!

Could bring my re-cabled AKG701 (Balanced Cardas) + Balanced Headroom Desktop (onboard DAC) + Headroom DPS + Kimber Cable USB (bring your digital source).

Also got a Balanced Cardas Cable for HD650s if anybody has a set and wants to trial it balanced. Keen to sell it actually...

Maybe our friends at Addicted to Audio could bring up some Audeze + ALO gear?? Would love to hear them.

Just joining the thread - is there a date + location + time fixed yet????

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #85 of 421
If everything goes right and the stars align - I could bring the Coco Magnum V3's I just bought as well as the O2 + ODAC combo I just bought as well :)

Don't put down as a yes though - it's still too early to tell for me...

A bit OT: but if someone brings a  mini XLR 4 Pin (with two of them) to 3.5mm Cable that look's awesome I'll probs buy it off you - But I'll only pay max $40 :D Maybe $50 I dunno yet LOL.

I'll also bring my Alessandro MS1 with the modded pads (and the originals and a unmodded HD414 pad) that I also bought from here.

Damn I wish I had more moneys to bring more stuff (if I even end up going).

We should invite people from stereo net aus as well, and maybe some people from OCAU - it would really boost the numbers up a bit.

Don't forger headphones aus forums as well :)

It'll be a nice meetup - maybe I'll finally see (read:hear) what all the fuss is about the Stax headphones :)

Oh yes, also those Phonaks IEMS that were on sale from that UK headphone site (it was on OzBargain) - can't remember which one or which model - I can't remember where I put the box... It has the black filters in - I can't stand the neutral sound (In general) that is the grey filters (or white I can't remember which colour the filters were as I changed them within 5 minutes of listening to them)

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #86 of 421
Keces is gone. Alessandro MSPro is here.

I'm looking at a nfb3.1/c2.2 combo. Anyone have other suggestions at the ~$400 range for a dac or a ~$550 range for a dac/amp? Preferring a solid state and near zero output impedance is strongly preferred!

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #87 of 421
Quote:
If everything goes right and the stars align - I could bring the Coco Magnum V3's I just bought as well as the O2 + ODAC combo I just bought as well :)

Don't put down as a yes though - it's still too early to tell for me...

A bit OT: but if someone brings a  mini XLR 4 Pin (with two of them) to 3.5mm Cable that look's awesome I'll probs buy it off you - But I'll only pay max $40 :D Maybe $50 I dunno yet LOL.

if the parts were bought in Australia they would cost more than your budget for the cable to make yourself, unless all parts were multicomp homebrand. your only option with that budget is to use homebrand or fake parts and make it yourself. you could use the neutrik Rean parts and come in under budget for DIY. but even those if bought in AU would take you over budget and if imported the shipping would put you over budget. the mini XLRs are the problem, they dont come cheap

sorry for the reality check =) its possible someone can do it with neutrik parts if they have the parts on hand; not me though i'm afraid. its for an LCD2 adapter/harness or something yes?

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #88 of 421
Wait... This can't be right! No.. There must be some mistake! Whyy?? Why oh Why must I have HSC trials the exact same week as Can-con 2!!! 

Looks like I'm out boys, maybe next time...

Also, even though I'm most likely not going, If Unique Melody are going to be there, ask them if they can bring a demo of their new Platform Pure 6 system. The more Impressions the better! (not sure if someone has already mentioned this yet, haven't been following this thread as much as I should have)

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #89 of 421
Trials aren't worth it! Cancon is once a year, exams come much more frequently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back