Can-con 2 (Sydney 2012) Meet Aug 18th 3:30 to 8:30pm (near Epping station)
May 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #16 of 421
mrAdrian - I go to UNSW and missed the previous meet, I could possibly bring in the DT880's one day if your keen for a listen, PM me if your keen.

svyr - I would like to see Jaben get onboard - it was good seeing their range at the last meet I went to.

May 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #17 of 421
Quote:
>Oh and anyone feel like inviting ATH Australia? Just so they realize there's a bunch of head-fiers in the city, and to have a listen at some of the AT-W series
biggrin.gif

We could, I've sent them an email and contacted audiofly for now. Not sure if it's the right thing to ask them before we have the details and # of attendees worked out, but hey why not. If anything unexpected happens, I'll just ask them again later on/ask to confirm their desire to attend or skip it.

Actually, the staff at the ATH stall in Westfield are well aware that Head-fi exists. I think they get a fair few people coming there based on things they read here, and they've mentioned it to me once or twice.

The stall there is actually run by AT's local distributor, TAG Australia.

And I'd be up for a meet on that day!

May 7, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #20 of 421
Actually, the staff at the ATH stall in Westfield are well aware that Head-fi exists. I think they get a fair few people coming there based on things they read here, and they've mentioned it to me once or twice.

The stall there is actually run by AT's local distributor, TAG Australia.

And I'd be up for a meet on that day!

I see. Do you want me to add any proposed equipment to the list from you?

heh, we could possibly even invite sonystyle Sydney....

>svyr - I would like to see Jaben get onboard - it was good seeing their range at the last meet I went to.

I PMed both UMAus and Jaben on Sun.

May 7, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #21 of 421
Count me in again this year! I think last year's venue worked well so long as it will accommodate the registered numbers. 

May 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #22 of 421
Quote:
I see. Do you want me to add any proposed equipment to the list from you?
heh, we could possibly even invite sonystyle Sydney....
>svyr - I would like to see Jaben get onboard - it was good seeing their range at the last meet I went to.
I PMed both UMAus and Jaben on Sun.

Well, I should be able to bring a lot of Sony gear, among other things:
Sony SA-5000
Sony MDR-EX1000
Sony XBA-4
Plus a modded T50RP if other people are bringing theirs, just to compare. Also some IEM's and possibly an ATH-Pro700MK2 if anyone would be keen.

May 7, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #23 of 421
Well, I should be able to bring a lot of Sony gear, among other things:
Sony SA-5000
Sony MDR-EX1000
Sony XBA-4
Plus a modded T50RP if other people are bringing theirs, just to compare. Also some IEM's and possibly an ATH-Pro700MK2 if anyone would be keen.

Ok cheers. Um, I'll just link to your profile and say 'PM a_recording if you want anything in the profile' ?

For T50RP - smeggy, or self-modded?

>Good Times

Much appreciated. Added your info/gear.

May 7, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #24 of 421
Quote:
Ok cheers. Um, I'll just link to your profile and say 'PM a_recording if you want anything in the profile' ?
For T50RP - smeggy, or self-modded?

Sure :) The profile is largely up to date. The T50RP's are self modded.

May 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #25 of 421
Count me in again this year! I think last year's venue worked well so long as it will accommodate the registered numbers. 

Done :) Thank you.

Venue wise, I think it'd be great to find something closer to the city, that said it's somewhat tempting to just book the last venue now and save the hassle. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

May 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #26 of 421
Hey I'd love to be there again after the success of last year's.  August 19 for me is the distant future, so I'll most likely be available, but will keep you posted.

I'm based in Sutherland Shire and don't really care about the traveling too much, although last venue had plenty of space I might add :).

Gear I can bring: mainly HeadRoom Amps (i.e. '11 Desktop Amp and BitHead) and my AKG cans: K 702 with Cardas upgrade cable, and K 240 Mk II, and my etymotic HF3 IEM's if anyone want's to try them.

I could also bring a couple of laptops if someone needs to borrow one for the day. And my Yamaha CD player (I'll update this post when I get a chance to check the model).

If there's anything else I may need to add just let me know.

Thanks for putting up your hand to organise this Vlad.

Cheers

May 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #27 of 421
I agree that last years venue was quite good - it could probably fit quite a few more people (I'm guessing around 100 comfortably) - but my only concern is it might put a few people off if they live south of the city.  I can't complain personally as it took me about 15mins to drive there.

I would be very keen to hear a HD800 again, preferably one of the never production models as there was some rumor that they have revised the design to be slightly less bright.  

@a_recording: Looking forward to hearing your EX1000 and SA-5000.  O2 would be interesting to hear as well.

May 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #28 of 421
yeah I figure you can count me in, slightly more organized than last year haha, but not confirmed yet; i'll have to work it out, as theres meets and stuff up here, audio and headfi related. Those are soonish too, so hopefully it doesnt clash like it did a couple years ago, that ruined me doing 2 weeks in a row. I might even actually bring some cables and gear this year

May 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #29 of 421
yeah I figure you can count me in, slightly more organized than last year haha, but not confirmed yet; i'll have to work it out, as theres meets and stuff up here, audio and headfi related. Those are soonish too, so hopefully it doesnt clash like it did a couple years ago, that ruined me doing 2 weeks in a row. I might even actually bring some cables and gear this year

no probs, added you as TBC :)

also - thanks alex699 - added you as well.

> preferably one of the never production models as there was some rumor that they have revised the design to be slightly less bright.

m, lovely how the possibly revised versions are rarely officially announced :D .HD800 badly need that.

May 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #30 of 421
a less bright HD800? how about the crazy Dyson vacuum cleaner styling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back