Can anyone with the M-Audio transit comment on it's line out quality?
Oct 21, 2006 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ap3rtis

100+ Head-Fier
Would this be a big improvement over my laptop's integrated sound (Realtek HD something)? I would likely be running the signal through an amp after it comes from the line out.
Thanks.

Oct 21, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 6
come on, I know a few of you out there have a transit...
lambda.gif

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Compared to the Realtek, I'd say the Transit would be a definite improvement. You can have a setup where the Transit outputs bit perfect ASIO at 24/96. I have a GoVibe 5 amp running from the Transit's line-out and with the aforementioned ASIO + FLAC the combo sounds fantastic. I've also used it's optical out to a receiver and that worked fine as well.

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 6
that's the setup i'm leaning towards as well (transit -> govibe5). thanks for the impressions. What things should improve the most, clarity would be the big thing I'm guessing?

(aside)Do you ever get any weird things happening with asio and foobar? I've stopped using it because a few times it just played this really loud fuzzy noise. I'm guessing my realtek really isn't meant to use asio.

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Indeed, to my ears the biggest improvement was clarity and soundstage. The GoVibe 5 has a very airy, open sound with nice detail and tight bass. I find it goes well with my MS1s. I enjoy this combination alot, and the fact that it didn't break the bank was nice too
biggrin.gif

As to the asio, I use winamp with the asio plugin, and I'm guessing it's pretty similar to a foobar setup. I'm not too sure about realtek and asio, though I gather you're right that it's not the best for asio use. What I've found is using asio taxes your pc, and the result is periodic "fuzz" when doing anything while music is playing. Playing around with the drivers and settings helps a little, but in the end the only way to prevent it was to just have music playing and not be doing anything else. I now know this is because of my rather old (4 yrs) laptop...there shouldn't be any problems on a modern pc. If I'm going to be doing other things, I just switch out asio to standard directsound and all is well. Hope this helps.

Oct 23, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 6
that helps alot thanks!
lambda.gif
think im going to order my govibe5 tonite and maybe pick up the transit later.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back