Can anyone tell us about the new SMSL M6?
Aug 31, 2015 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

Cukedaddy

Head-Fier
I found the specs interesting and the original price is $169 but, when I saw it on ebay for $136, I jumped. Now I need someone to let me know if I screwed up or if I am unknowingly a genius. I've googled it and found nothing but where to buy it.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 52
I recieved it yesterday. I am kinda new to the dac thing but I did have a Muse PCM2704 $24 dac before this one and wow, what a difference. The imaging and soundstage are incredible. For what the M6 costs, it's worth every penny. The headphone amp is very detailed.Plus the headphone input is a 1/4" so I doubt it will fail as quick as the 3.5mm jacks. 

Sep 27, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 52
  I recieved it yesterday. I am kinda new to the dac thing but I did have a Muse PCM2704 $24 dac before this one and wow, what a difference. The imaging and soundstage are incredible. For what the M6 costs, it's worth every penny. The headphone amp is very detailed.Plus the headphone input is a 1/4" so I doubt it will fail as quick as the 3.5mm jacks. 

Any sound direction, analytical, cold, warm? Looks like an interesting cute DAC. Which HPs are you using?

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 52
Just another plus for the M6...I finally tried a 600ohm set of AKG Sextetts on it to see how the headphone amp handled it and it can push them to earbleeding levels. I ******* love this thing!

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #14 of 52
Hello. I just bought this DAC. Im just curious if the volume knob only works with headphones or also with the RCAs.
I prefer having both control but I read a review that it only works with headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back