Can anyone tell me whether this Senn CX500 is fake or not?
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mittermeier

New Head-Fier
NEW Sennheiser CX500 Headphones CX 500 Earbuds (Titan)! - eBay (item 170212944889 end time Apr-25-08 22:00:00 PDT)

Quite attractive price from a Ebay PowerSeller, with 300 paires sold. But I'm still doubting.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 7
probably fake . dont buy any senn cx versions from ebay and sony mdr in ear ones and lastly creative ep-630. dont buy any product where most of the stuff is from china

Apr 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mittermeier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NEW Sennheiser CX500 Headphones CX 500 Earbuds (Titan)! - eBay (item 170212944889 end time Apr-25-08 22:00:00 PDT)

Quite attractive price from a Ebay PowerSeller, with 300 paires sold. But I'm still doubting.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Factors I would consider when trying decide if it's fake:

- whether the seller provides a photo or photos of the actual item in the manufacturer's sealed packaging

- the quality, quantity, and believability of the photos that it is not fake

- the percentage of positive feedback - at least 98%

- the seller's lifetime and recent volume of selling transactions

- whether PayPal is the seller's preferred form of payment

- whether the seller's feedback for this item is positive and credible

- how extensive the seller's positive feedback is for this item

- how credible the seller's feedback is for this item

- whether the manufacturer recognizes the seller as an authorized retailer for the product

- the return policy offered

- the warranty service offered

When considering these factors for this seller, I consider it extremely unlikely it is fake, as in about a 99.9% chance the item is authentic. And since PayPal is the form of payment, you're covered by their insurance anyway.

Edit:
And this eBay seller even includes a link in his listing to show some ways to tell between a fake and genuine CX500 - How to spot a fake CX500?.

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mittermeier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

the problem is that even though they have 300 sold, if people don't realise they're fake.....!

i've bought fake earphones before, but the seller's service was good...shipping etc. but if people aren't aware of the problem, then the feedback is going to be good.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back