Can anyone tell me or where i can get a recommendation
Aug 2, 2021 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LikeHolborn

Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me or where i can get a recommendation.

Source: samsung tablet, lossless, youtube.

Listening level and time: 20/40mins at a time, high volume.

Listening environment: home.

Preferred sound signature: not necessarily tight bass but full bodied (no midbass lump/bump and no subbass). warm sound. In your face (forward), sweet midrange, upfront voices (not articulated, extended), sparkly high mids i guess (i don't mind harshness or shoutiness) and not a dull or dark low treble (again no soundstage, air or ultra realism for instruments ambitions here) no "ch" and "s" higher treble sibilance recommendations please. engaging, coherent sound (don't want higher treble distractions).

Preferred genre: rock, electronic, mainstream hits (not sad beats, hip hop, pop, R&B?)*, am not the type to sing along i just "bop my head" and take cues from vocals as filler, rhythm... , lounge, ambiance music. Fair amount of classical instruments used i guess but I'll attach my youtube playlist which you may enjoy as well* :) supposed to be 540 tracks (200 on head-fi) check out the arabic music if you can find it, am Algerian

Price range: ~300 usd though am interested to know what superior choices there are if double that.

Thank you so much and enjoy my playlist i made it just for this yesterday.

Aug 5, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes I’m going to say what the others have said with your preferences is the HD-650\Drop HD-6XX. I’m also going to bust your budget with the iFi ZenCan Signature 6XX . Next to a Bottlehead Crack it is my next favorite with the 650/6XX’s. The Analog EQ ( yes I asked ) is spot on in my opinion and the XSpace is subtle and well done just gives some air to them so not so intimate.
Sorry I’m sure that will double your budget just had to give my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back