Can anyone suggest an IEM better then SE530
Sep 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rsajdak

New Head-Fier
I've had a the Shure SE530 and been very happy with the sound but I've had to send them back twice due to the infamous cracking cable problem. I don't want to go through this exercise a third time so I'm looking to move on and get another headphone.

Are there any suggestions for a head phone that sounds as good, if not better, then the SE530?

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 8
Well, some people prefer the TF10 pros. A lot of people are waiting for the Westone 3s, but who knows when they will show up!

Of course, you could go the custom route with the likes of the UE10/UE11 etc if you aren't concerned about price/resale value/ability to listen prior to purchase!

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 8
price range?

i know that the sleek audio is a good one (with replaceable cables so if they break you will always be able to get new ones)

then there are the lifewires and perhaps the ultimate ears.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 8
No, nothing is better. It's top of the line and comes down to personal preference from there. Westone 3 should be out within 3-4 months. Seeing as how I find UM2 to be the hands down best sounding dual driver out there, I am expecting very good things from Westone 3.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 8
yes, it is all personal preference. if you don't like it, it is not your sound signature.

i preferred the er4s for instance except that i did wish for better comfort and a few other things. um2 also was a favourite and now my at ck10 are wonderful and i find them any bit as good as the e500 if not a different signature. fast and spacious rather than a bit more melodic and relaxed.

but, the truly different sound is when you can forgive yourself to spend less and get a dynammic based iem or canalphone. for instance, im not saying better but certainly a different sound sig is the atrio m5: less detail (as with all dynammics) but more tangible bass, more bass resolution and less roll off from any portable. also, not space but head stage is wider with the atrio and about any dynammic phone.

they are a bit darker sounding especially if you chose foam ear pieces

my personal fav dynam and iem are the atrio m5 and now the victor fx500 which do almost as good of bass as the atrio but due to the smaller driver, are a bit more intense. the driver moves very nice and drily: not too lush as i found the um2 and a bit the e500. highs are well defined but laid back but they are fast, very fast for dynammics but without a harsh echo of say the denon c700.

if you can pardon the greater size and fit issues with most dynammics, i think you can find that they will be quite a different animal and you may find yourself liking them better. price issues are mainly marketting and the armature itself costs more but price does not mean better sound. it however, induced placebo effect quite steeply

Sep 10, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, nothing is better. It's top of the line and comes down to personal preference from there. Westone 3 should be out within 3-4 months. Seeing as how I find UM2 to be the hands down best sounding dual driver out there, I am expecting very good things from Westone 3.

Yep. Agreed. When fitted correctly, Shure SE530 has the best SQ I have ever heard in an IEM. It often made me dance, literally - the bass and mids were just phenomenal. Unfortunately, I had to sell the Shures because I found them to be too uncomfortable in my ears, and it was really hard for me to get a good fit with them too. For the price though, nothing can beat them on sound quality - neither the Westone UM2, nor the Triple.fi. The only other options is waiting for Westone UM3 or shelling out for the UE-10/UE-11 customs, which might give you a slight increase in SQ, but for a lot more money.

Sep 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #8 of 8
The Westone ES2 beats them handily, but they are a custom and cost $650, but well worth it IMO. They don't seem to get much attention on here anymore since the hype machine of the Westone 3 started a year and a half ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back