Can anyone shed some light on Grado's refurbishing procedure?
Jan 30, 2015 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

White_Noise

New Head-Fier
I recently had my 5 year old gold sr325 refurbished by Grado after years of heavy use (left driver gave out, my fault for forgetting to adjust the gain on my sound card from my 600ohm phones). They did a nice job in my opinion especially for just $45 including shipping.

BUT I'm pretty positive they replaced the drivers with whatever there latest 325 alphabet is now (e?). I'm guessing they don't have a lot of original 325 drivers hanging around or would bother if they did.

I'm not complaining because my phones sound phenomenal, (only cable is now like 3 feet long :<).

My question is has anyone else recently had an SR325 or similar model refurbished recently, and what are your impressions? Do you think they use the latest model driver? Right now it's hard to tell for me because I know this model in particular needs adequate break in and aren't going to sound like abused 5 year old drivers in any case.

A lot of members seem to prefer the sound of the old gold 325 to the newer drivers but I have no idea which are superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back