Can anyone recommend some nearfield/pc speakers?
Oct 6, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 19
Your comment: "Hence I plan to go bk again next week with digitally altered audio tracks with no freq below 80hz"

I am curious as to whether you were able to get back and audition these speakers with your audio tracks. I am looking to purchase Adam Audio monitors but I have no place to audition in the area.

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by frandy38 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own and enjoy the AudioEngine a2s as my computer speakers. They are smaller and cheaper than the a5s, but sound great to my ears. I was suspicious of powered speakers before I got the a2s, but have no complaints.

I second this.

I've owned the AudioEngine 2's for about a week and they are incredible.

They are the first computer speakers to give me that WOW feeling.
As soon as I heard them at work (i sell A/V equipment) I had to have them.

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep Jockey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your comment: "Hence I plan to go bk again next week with digitally altered audio tracks with no freq below 80hz"

I am curious as to whether you were able to get back and audition these speakers with your audio tracks. I am looking to purchase Adam Audio monitors but I have no place to audition in the area.

Sorry mate, I haven't been back in a hurry to the shop because my finances tell me I shouldnt' be splashing out on a pair right now. But I will get some monitors eventually. In any case I've also found the KRK VTX4 is roughly the same price/size as Adam A5s, which should be interesting. Anyone heard those?

Jan 18, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 19
Any updates on this thread - has the market changed - looking for something with a nice bass response to go with a chord tt2 - currently using lax speakers - but seems criminal not to use the tt2 dac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back