Can anyone recommend romantic classical music?
May 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

DNZGamer

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for classical music that is relaxing and romantic for a nice sunny spring day at the park. Classical guitar comes to mind, 

Anyone can recommend a good album? What I am really trying to avoid is mostly the famous classical artists who you'd hear all the time anyways. Want to find some gems of romantic classical music.

May 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 21
Schubert symphonies
Mozart piano concertos
Vivaldi

May 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 21
Good recommendations. Never heard of Delius but I like him. Added a few new artists to my collection but not sure about how they rank on the romantic side. I already have quite a few Debussy albums, never thought of them as romantic though :D

Any classical guitar recommendations?

May 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:
Any classical guitar recommendations?

Not exactly classical but...gitarist Al Di Meola, album "Orange and Blue"

I also highly recommend Shiv Kumar Sharma's music. He plays a northern Indian instrument santoor. Album "Elements: Water"

May 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #10 of 21
@W0lfd0g

Thats a track I heard before but could never find. Thanks, it is a great piece, I actually really like this style. Any other music in this vein? It is such a great piece.

@Mutabor

Some really exotic recommendations. They are pretty good, not sure about romantic but I will definitely add them to my collection. Particularly, I really love the presence of the guitar in Orange and Blue. What kind of music is that? Its very good and different from the stuff I have. I also like how it possesses so many unique elements and a deep bass. 

Great recommendations so far, I love discovering music like this :D

May 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #13 of 21
If you're looking for a great classical guitar music, then try Julian Bream's Ultimate Guitar Collection.

2 CD's worth of classical greats at a nice price. The 2nd CD is devoted to romantic Spanish guitar classics, which is perfect for a sunny day.

I haven't heard this particular set, but it contains most of Julian's "hits" from the past, and he is (was?) an excellent interpreter and player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back