Can anyone recommend a headset with a good mic for Skype (no music)?
Feb 29, 2016 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Niteflyte

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have an Astro A40 with Mixamp for gaming, but I have had numerous friends complain that my voice volume goes low intermittently. I tried purchasing a V-Moda BoomPro mic to use with the A40; However, it does not seem to be compatible. When I connect the V-Moda to the A40, I can never get sound to come thru the headset (and I tried every sort of configuration I can think of).

So at this point, I either purchase a pair of headphones that ARE compatible with the V-Moda, or else I purchase a headset. A decent pair of headphones are going to run at least $70, so with the $30 for the V-Moda, the total would be $100. For a skype headset, I'm seeing a lot around the $30 range, so my question is should I get a skype headset for $30 or $40, or is it a big improvement on quality to go with the V-Moda and some stereo headphones?

My biggest concern is having a quality mic so my friends/family can hear me very clearly on Skype, and comfort. I don't plan on using these to listen to music at all. I might could use a back-up/replacement to my current gaming headphones, but I'm wondering if another pair of headphones would be as compatible with my Astro Mixamp as the A40.

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back