Can anyone recommend a good A/B switcher?
Jun 18, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 20
I could be wrong because I don't own it, but I do believe some Head-fiers in similar situations have employed the Schiit SYS. Maybe go to their website and be sure I am not steering you down the wrong path about that, but I'm pretty sure it could potentially work for you. I think it is $49.00.

Jul 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #7 of 20
The Schiit SYS isn't what I'm looking for.

Fiio used to make a product that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for:

Fiio-hs2-earphones-signal-switch.jpg

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #10 of 20
Curious as well, is it possible to AB two amps using the same DAC with this? I want to compare the Jotunheim with the Valhalla 2 using the balanced dac module on my Jot. How would that work?

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #12 of 20
Curious as well, is it possible to AB two amps using the same DAC with this? I want to compare the Jotunheim with the Valhalla 2 using the balanced dac module on my Jot. How would that work?
Not for sure about the Jot. It looks like this thing only works on single ended connections. I don't know if the Jot kills the pre outs when headphones are plugged in. That would be the only thing that I think would stop it for doing what you want you just have to get the right cable and adapters.

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #13 of 20
If you want the shiznit, look at GoldPoint:

http://www.goldpt.com/

(Scroll down a bit for the passive pre's)
I think these two were looking for headphone switchers not regular a/b units. The unit does look nice though and if I get anymore amps I might need it ; )

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #14 of 20
FYI, the SYS can be used with two inputs and one output or one input and two outputs.

The FiiO HS2 is still available: https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-HS2-Headphone-Output-Switcher/dp/B06ZYJ35MZ

Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and ordered it off Amazon (thanks again for the link).

I listen through a set of HD600's, and I'm looking forward to using the Fiio HS2 to compare the sound I get from the following:
  • Macbook
  • iPhone 6s
  • Macbbook + Fiio Q1
  • iPhone 6s + Fiio Q1
I'm also in the market to upgarde my Fiio Q1 before the end of the year, and am considering the following (and I'm sure that the Fiio HS2 will help me to compare and decide which I like best):
  • Fiio Q5
  • Chord Mojo
  • ifi DSD Black Label

Cheers!

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #15 of 20
@TheEldestBoy

Go for Mojo! I recently bought my second one because it's by far my favorite DAC/amp (the 2Qute is my favorite DAC out of the ones I've owned) and I missed its sound. I don't think the iFi micro iDSD (I had the original; haven't heard BL) sounds even remotely as good. Oh, and I can confirm that the HD 600 sounds great on the Mojo.

(But I guess you meant that you're going to buy them all, then return all but your top choice.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back