Can anyone identify these cans?
Dec 10, 2002 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

laevi

100+ Head-Fier
Got these at a neighborhood garage sale for 50 cents. Can anyone provide the vintage of this headphones? I was told that the original owner purchased them in Hong Kong circa 1980. I want to know if it would be worth it to solder a new plug on the cable.

The text found on the phones are Carol/Stereo Headphone/HP-101.

Dec 10, 2002 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 9
I dont think they look half bad to tell you the truth. Those ear pads look comfy, but i bet their pretty heavy though with all that metal. why dont you put a plug on those cans, and do a detailed review on them vs. the hd-600, sr-125, rs-2, ect ?
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
I dont think they look half bad to tell you the truth. Those ear pads look comfy, but i bet their pretty heavy though with all that metal. why dont you put a plug on those cans, and do a detailed review on them vs. the hd-600, sr-125, rs-2, ect ?
biggrin.gif

Well, I was wondering if it would be worth the trouble and if any Head-Fier had encountered these before. If the previous owner was telling the truth, then I guess these cans are pretty old. I guess my girlfriend returns my META42 and HD580, I may consider a comparo just to see what they sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back