Can Anyone Identify The Following Female?
Mar 21, 2005 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
MisterX kindly built a great cable for me using a female that looks like this:

lg_ecmy_ha.jpg

I've always been curious as to the name of the female used, not sure if any of you could provide me with the name?

I also wonder what the following male is:

lg_ecy_ha.jpg

(The defining characteristics are the spiral grooves and the sloping edge)

Thanks so much!

EDIT: Just to be clear, these images are from The Cable Pro -- I am using them only because it seems that is the best place to find high-resolution close-ups =)

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 11
I wish I could take a good picture of the female mini connector that is on one of the cables that Larry from Headphile made me... the thing is crazy looking. Could probably be run over by a truck and it would be more likely to hurt the truck.
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

The best response I could have hoped for, thanks so much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by morsel
Those look like Switchcraft plugs and jacks to me.

Interestingly enough, I just received an e-mail from Ted Paisley (TheCablePro) stating that the plugs are special-made for them by an OEM in Taiwan called "Thunderbolt." I wonder if they are the ones who also manufacture for Switchcraft?

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
are cablepro and mister x affiliated? Im confused.

No, they are not -- MisterX is a respected independent DIYer (unless something has changed), CablePro is a company.

CLARIFICATION: And by "something has changed" I mean if he made a decision I am unaware of to work for a cabling company.

Mar 21, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Far be it for me to question MisterX since he made the cables, but I point out that the posted pictures match various Switchcraft plugs and jacks, but do not look like the parts he linked to. The TecNec mini inline jack lacks beveled knurling. The Neutrik mini plug has beveled knurling. Both contradict the photos. I'm not sure who made the mini inline jack.

jacks_101photo.gif

jacks_129photo.gif

p_523.jpg

Mar 21, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

The TecNec mini inline jack lacks beveled knurling

I just figured the image Markertek has on their site was wrong.
Either that or they sent the wrong parts cause they definitely don't look like the picture.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back