Can anyone help my friend with a broken HT system?
Oct 12, 2005 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ajt976

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm not for sure if this thread should go here or in the DIY section so mods feel free to move.

I overheard a friend of mine today in the lab talking to someone about his small home theater setup. After listening in, I came to find out that his receiver/DVD player is broken. First of all he has the older Sony DAV-S300 HT in a box system. He is saying that only 3 of the 6 channels are working. The front, left, and sub out's are all functioning properly...but the rear left and right and the center channel has no output at all.

Anyone out there have any idea on what could be going wrong? Is there any easy way to test for a specific problem that I could reccomend to him?

He has yet to actually take it apart and look at the inside yet. So tomorrow or when I see him next I'll be sure to ask what he saw and maybe we could score a couple pictures for reference.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Andrew

Oct 12, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 3
i think it's MUCH more likely that he has a setting wrong. it seems VERY VERY unlikely that somehow the 2-channel outputs still all work but all the multi-channel outputs managed to simultaneously break.

but hey, anything's possible

Oct 12, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Yea, that was my first thought too. He's going to try and check through all the settings again to make sure.

Any other ideas?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back