Can anyone help me with spare SHURE SE846 filters and nozzle tool??
May 17, 2015 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

turboborg

New Head-Fier
Hi. I recently got my used SHURE SE846 in the mail. But guess what.. Came with no filters and no nozzle tool.

The nozzle collar was done up hand tight. When i unscrewed it i saw nothing in there... Disappointing. Why oh why would you even do this...

I have had a listen to them as is with no filters and its not great. Of course they were not intended to operate like this. The bass is pretty average and the treble is a bit high... I have no idea what real SE846 sound like :frowning2:

I am only chasing the blue or black inserts down.

If any one can help i would appreciate it. You might know some one who lost a pair and still have some filters lying around or someone that does not use all the filters...

Here is a link to what can help me.

http://www.pro1digital.co.nz/image/cache/data/Shure_SE846_pic3-500x500.jpg

Thank you for your time.

May 17, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 12
Below is a quote from someone in the SE846 thread with a similar issue.  Have you tried contacting Shure?  

I'm curious what their out of warranty response might be as I imagine I'll need to eventually replace my filters due to earwax, etc.  Etymotic, for example, seems to sell filters as consumables, but I haven't been able to source an extra set of backup SE846 filters either.

Quote:
I agree the performance of the IEM is the most important factor. However, I would contact Shure's customer service as you should have received the same packaging as shown on Shure's website: http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se846-sound-isolating-earphones. I damaged my blue filters and Shure sent me a replacement set free of charge within a week.

May 17, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 12
FlyingGimp

Hi thank you for some input. I am from Melbourne, Australia. There is no official shure store in Australia. I tried calling shure USA servicing and replacement. I spent 1 hour on call waiting. Only to give up and leave my name and number. They have not returned my call :frowning2:.

I believe there is one option through a 3rd party licencesed shure dealer here in Australia. Its quite costly. Almost $200AUD. I guess I can try to email shure USA again and explain I have already spent an hour on the phone trying to contact them. It might get me some where.

Thanks again!

May 18, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 12
@FlyingGimp

I got in touch with Shure today via email. They gave me these details for Australia Shure dealer.

Jands Pty Ltd
Building C, 40 Kent Road
Mascot NSW 2020
Phone: (02) 9582 0909
Fax: (02) 9582 0950
Email (sales): sales@jands.com.au
Email (service & repair): service@jands.com.au
Email (spare parts): spareparts@jands.com.au
http://www.jands.com.au

Unfortunately this in the expensive option i did not want to take...

I was thinking before i commit to this buy. Would it be possible for you to try your sure se 846 with out any filters in there and tell me your impression of what it sounds like??

I have never heard these IEM with filters before so in your opinion if there is not much difference i might just try and sell these on. If there is a complete difference like night and day i will go for the filters.

With no filters, mine lacks this sub bass and the highs are quite aggressive.

So ideally I really want to hear this bass and for the mid/highs to be cut down a bit.

Let me know how you go... If you can.

Thanks

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 12
The Shure se846's have the best bass response I've ever heard from an IEM, If you like bass alot and favor it over treble or mids then I would use the black filter nozzel. The blue one is for a balance sound but I still recommend the black filter if you prefer more bass. It will be night and day difference coming from no filter to any filter. It was not designed to be used without a filter and  you must use a filter for proper frequency response.

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #10 of 12
Checking in this thread since i also need the Nozzle removal tool and the Nozzles.. if anyone here got a tip on how to get these i will love to hear.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #11 of 12
Hi there,

I found them!!!

https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/headphone-spares/earbuds-ear-adapters/?features_hash=2-14846

This online store has all the filters you need to enjoy your SE846s :D

I was in the same boat as you: I managed to buy a perfect pair of SE846s with a Nobonaga Labs Pure silver cable for a total of 550 USD, and considering the cable alone costs 250 USD, I got the SE846s at a steal! but they came as is and without the accessories. Luckily for me, they had the neutral filters and a mid-sized pair of olives on them :D

Now I'm glad I found the additional filters at a reasonable 19 GBP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back