Can anyone help me update my ipod?
Aug 4, 2005 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mtbaird5687

100+ Head-Fier
this is what Ipod Updater looks like, its the newest 6-25 one.

pod.JPG

but on my ipod it says i have version 3.02 and this one is supposed to give me 3.1 but its treating it like i dont need a new version. anyone know whats up

Aug 4, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Well I am not going to claim to be an expert of this. But when I got my ipod photo, I had an issue with the updated and locked my ipod. This was because I already had ipod and tried to use the updater from a computer that I installed Itune and ipod software on.

Then reinstalled the software that came with the ipod and installed the software on the computer and it updated the ipod correctly.

Not sure this is going to help you.

Aug 4, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Some of the iPod updates only affect certain models. It may be that the version on your iPod is the most recent one that applies to you.

See ya
Steve

Aug 6, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Well I am not going to claim to be an expert of this. But when I got my ipod photo, I had an issue with the updated and locked my ipod. This was because I already had ipod and tried to use the updater from a computer that I installed Itune and ipod software on.

Then reinstalled the software that came with the ipod and installed the software on the computer and it updated the ipod correctly.

Not sure this is going to help you.

oh thats probably it. i dont wanna have to reinstall that junk. o ewll the ipods workin fine right now no need to update i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back