can anyone help in choosing the best bass quality iems under 250
Apr 14, 2008 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

high_life111

New Head-Fier
im new to the forum, actually this is my first post and im a very big fan of iems, im looking on buying some iems with a good bass quality (not overexagerated) and decent mediums and highs,i listen mostly to techno hip hop and less rock i want to hear the bass correctly and get decent sound on mids and lows... is that possible on a budget under 250$ and what would you reccomend ...please someone direct me to something a site that has them as cheap as possible thnx

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 20
Good quality bass...tight and textured, you can't got past the future sonics Atrio. If isolation is not super important, then consider the Denon C700 (c751) or the Victor fx500 (not sure where to get these!).

The Atrio can be had for just $140 from ebay seller, roaddog online, just send them an offer of $140 and they will accept.

Another one that you may be interested in is the sleek audio SA6, which has bass ports to increase bass impact, however with your music tastes, the Atrio should be perfect.

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 20
Atrio m5/m8

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 20
The Crossroads MylarOne XBi from jaben.net are extremely good value for money. The bass is tight and the details are exceptional. For even larger bass you could try the UE 5 EB's but they're a lot more expensive.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #6 of 20
The built quality of the XBi's are lower then the Ety's but the bass is much better. EB's are better in built quality and bass.

Apr 14, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #9 of 20
SA6s get my vote. The Denon C700s, by the way, offer much better isolation if you use Comply T400 foamies (instead of standard silicone canalphone tips). Almost as good as any IEM, in fact, isolation-wise. At least that's what it seems to me with the similar C551s I just purchased.

Apr 14, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #11 of 20
Atrios M5/M8s, as mentioned earlier. These puppies cost about $140, but can outperform far expensive Shure E530's (lots of testimonies in the Futuresonic Atrio M5 thread). Don't fall for any of the other lesser recommendations (Mylars, Etys in terms of bass, UE 5EBs), and do some more thread searching on this forum to see what others say about each of these IEMs.

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #12 of 20
I would definitely put in a vote for the UE 5 Pros, not the EB. The EB's are heavy on bass, but you really give up far too much in accuracy IMO. I would go with the UE's with Comply tips to get the best possible seal to keep the bass tight...

Apr 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #13 of 20
Q-Jays are said to be "Etymotic with bass", are supposed to be comfortable, have great ergonomics, and are really tiny. They're also Swedish, which by itself is cool. Customer service is also quite good, they're here on head-fi.

My vote goes to them even though I've ordered SE530's.

Apr 15, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #15 of 20
EB's for bass...I have the 5 Pro but though accurate, does not have the bass the EB has...and the rest of the of the music sound very clear to me...I returned my SE 530. Obviously some totally disagree with this but I respect the fact that we all have different tastes, contrary to criticising others preferences!
I love the EBs and Airhead amp combination! Absolute pleasure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back