Can anyone compare the Sennheiser original Momentums with the new On-Ear Momentums?
Oct 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

carlieyed

New Head-Fier
I was on a mission today to try out some Sennheiser Momentums at my local audio supplies shop.
It's true, everything everyone is saying (I'm a believer HALLELUJAH) It's really a beautiful set of headphones with the exact type of sound I was looking for with all of the comfort I need for my lifestyle, but the beauty of these headphones just left me with more questions.

The big question is now,

What is the difference between the sound of the classic Momentums and their brand new On-Ear Momentums?
Has anyone listened to both? Are the on-ears comparable to the originals? Is there a BIG difference? Are the on-ears more comfortable because they are lighter weight than the larger size?
The originals will cost me around $311 and the On-ears will be about $230.

I know the original Momentums are worth the price, but what about the on-ears? Which is a better investment in your opinion? I don't record or dj or mix. It would just be for my personal listening pleasure, but I'm sick of settling for the sound quality of "the average consumer"
I've heard the best and now I want it.

Thank you so much for your input!

-Carli

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Thank you so much for your help! I've posted my question but I know the user a_recording really touched on it nicely. I've seen his reviews before and he really does a great job of getting a 3 dimensional review of the sound quality and the product in general. I was hoping to get some other opinions, but if the sound quality of the on-ear is move "V" shaped chances are I will stick with the original Momentums because I listen to a lot of classical.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 6
I have demoed the on-ears and over-ears. The on-ears are less refined, have more treble and drier and less boomy bass. All in all a more grainy and less smooth signature. I'd say they are quite nice, but I like the momentums over-ears more. The on-ears might be slightly more comfortable, though.

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Hey, my views on it aren't that reliable as it was just a demo
smily_headphones1.gif

But I bought the momentum, lol. It has a really satisfying low-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back