Can anyone beat the NY Wholesale Audio price on the Rega Apollo?
Mar 7, 2007 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

newguru

100+ Head-Fier
I need to find a place that can beat this price on the Rega Apollo:

$790

Shipping on it to me was around $27 so the total would be $817 shipped to my door through this place.

I have PMed a few people that have given me some contacts for better priced dealers but all these end up falling through due to me living in Dallas where there are "official" Rega dealers and the guy not wanting to sell one to me due to that reason.

I'm just looking to find a good deal on the internet for one and not have to get nailed with sales tax on it either buying local.

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by newguru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to find a place that can beat this price on the Rega Apollo:

$790

I have PMed a few people that have given me some contacts for better priced dealers but all these end up falling through due to me living in Dallas where there are "official" Rega dealers and the guy not wanting to sell one to me due to that reason.

The dealers won't ship to you because Rega won't allow them to. The only way they're allowed to ship is if you don't have a local Rega dealer. If Rega finds out that a place is doing this behind their back, they'll lose the line.

Rega is a very selective company. They only want dealers who will represent their product right. They also don't want dealers to be competing against each other and lowering/devaluing their gear.

I wouldn't buy Rega gear from someone who is bending the rules, so to speak. They could be selling gear that isn't up to par. Buying a used Apollo is a different matter though.

BTW, you've got great taste. The Apollo's a phenominal CD player. I just got one 2 weeks ago. It definately worth every penny of the full retail price.

Apr 12, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 4
I second that. Rega uses authorized dealers who are obligated to respect territory. If someone will sell you a new unit from out of territory, they're ripping Rega off. It stands to reason that if they'll rip Rega off, they'll rip you off.

If you're buying new, suck up the sales tax. If you don't want to pay it, your only good option is buying used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back