CAN ANYBODY MAKE ME A CUSTOM CABLE FOR LIVEWIRES?
Jul 9, 2008 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dt.92

New Head-Fier
I will shortly be purchasing a set of livewires and was wondering if anybody could make me a set of custom cables for them. Silver cable,connect to iphone via 1/8 inch silver neutrik right angle plug,[http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ue5...-wazoo-301859/] i like the look of the ones in the bottom right hand corner of the third pic,and the 7,8,and 9th pic too.If anybody is able to make cables for livewires,please post a comment or P.M me with a rough price
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

P.S:The reason i posted this in the DIY section and not the for sale one is because i'm new and it won't let me
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 4
If you can't get a custom cable for your Livewires, Livewires will mod an existing iPhone cable to work with Livewires. John showed it to me a while ago and it was pretty cool. They basically replace the ibuds on the iPhone cable with their Livewires connectors.

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 4
smily_headphones1.gif
cool,sounds interesting.Although i'm looking to increase the output quality,not sure if the iphone cable will improve on the standard livewires cable.Hmmmmmm :S

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 4
The cable to earphone connector is an amphenol connector. I'm thinking its a MMCX RF connector, but i've not really broke out the Calipers yet and compared mine to the product spec sheet.

You can pick them up from your favorite mail-order electronics component dealer place.

I've been thinking about making up a cable that has a microphone in the Y splitter with the smaller cellphone plug to use with my phone, but haven't been serious enough yet to buy parts and pieces...

I was originally worried about the durability of the cord, but i love the replace-ability of Livewires and I haven't needed to replace it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back