Can an Amazon Fire Stick control Bluetooth output volume?
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

superdragon

Head-Fier
I was almost happy with my Amazon Fire Stick, until I ran into this problem:

I was able to pair it with a Bluetooth receiver (Taotronics TT-BA07) which goes to my amplifier. The problem is that the Fire Stick sends the volume at full blast and the volume control buttons on the Fire Stick remote control do not control the volume sent to the Bluetooth receiver. The volume control buttons try to control my television's volume. I spoke with a number of Amazon Fire Stick support representatives and nobody was able to provide a resolution. The last representative tried to add the receiver as a supported piece of equipment, but Taotronics wasn't on the list.

The Fire Stick connects to the TV via a HDMI cable. Can the Amazon tech folks implement a simple firmware fix to allow controlling the volume sent to paired Bluetooth receivers, or does some limitation of the hardware and/or the HDMI connection prevent this?

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 4
I’m assuming that your receiver doesn’t support Amazon streaming without the stick. The simplest way would be that, because one remote would control everything.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, next time you buy a receiver, you'll want to get one that supports Amazon streaming. Until then, you'll need two remotes, the fire stick and the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back