Can AKG k27i be a replacement of the k26?
May 12, 2007 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sschmeichel

Head-Fier
How do the 2 compare? the k27i against the k26? or should they be compared... I was going to buy a pair of k26... but ended up the store had nothing in stock... so I am thinking about a pair of k27i. I am just a beginning in this audio thing.. so... i would like some opinions... Thank you for helping out a newb.

May 12, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 9
I have the JBL 410 cans which are the same phones as the K27i. They're ok but nothing to write home about. I think that the drivers are good, but the housing seems to constrict the sound making it very muddy and inaccurate. I'm still working on trying to find a mod. If you want smaller closed portable phones I would suggest the Equation Eartool RP15, AKG K81dj's or the ATH SJ5's as far better choices. If you don't mind the open sound go with the Koss Sporta or Porta Pro's or KSC75's.

May 12, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sschmeichel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much. The AKG k81dj has opened a lot of doors for me

The K81DJ comes with the 'vice-like-grip' on your head warning. From initial reports I hear the ATH SJ5 are more comfortable although less isolating.

May 12, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 9
K27i is exactly same as K26P, except ipod looks and has volume control in cable.

However, both headphones are complete crap in their price range.

May 12, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

so you guys would prefer the dj81s much over the 2 above?

I think it depends if you want to wear them for extended periods of time... 45 minutes is about the maximum I get out of them (this is with the velour pads, not the standard ones... which means more $ in the equation). With the standard earpads I think I got about a half an hour's wear out of them before needing a break. Once again I'll recommend the Audio Technica ATH-SJ5 again in the same price range... probably mostly on comfort grounds. Can be gotten for $49 from here: http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Au...eadphones.html
I haven't tried these myself, but am very tempted to give them a go.

But as others have said, if you don't need them to be closed, you have heaps more options.

May 12, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

so you guys would prefer the dj81s much over the 2 above?

YES! K81DJ is a lot better than K26P. Unfortunately its also bit bigger and bulkier looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back