Campfire Trifecta ... what am I missing?
Jan 27, 2024 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

zlayde

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody.

I'm mulling over a Trifecta purchase and I was fortunate enough to get a chance to listen to it recently. And I have to say...I don't get it. The bass was killer and it has a wonderfully analog sound but the rest of the sound was...kind of all over the map? The mids and highs were trying to get through I guess? It was not the transcendental experience I was hoping for. I know this is a divisive IEM with people who really love it and many that don't. I wish I could've spent more time with it.

I'm not sure what I'm asking here...but what other factors play into getting the most out of it? I was using a pretty good source (Shanling H5) and the stock cable. Does it need to burn in? (the one I was using was pretty new).

Curious about others experience with. Thanks.

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 25
One man's trash is another man's treasure
I mean ... this is it. I do think it's unique in how polarized opinions are. It's wild to hear "best thing ever" and "wow this is a hot mess" about the same product. Heheh.

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 25
I mean ... this is it. I do think it's unique in how polarized opinions are. It's wild to hear "best thing ever" and "wow this is a hot mess" about the same product. Heheh.

You can say the same polarizing opinions about almost all Campfire products out there, especially both Bonneville and Trifecta. My own HRTF and preferences love the Bonneville to world's end :)

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 25
You can say the same polarizing opinions about almost all Campfire products out there, especially both Bonneville and Trifecta. My own HRTF and preferences love the Bonneville to world's end :)
Interesting. It's also 1/3 price. A lot of people seem to love it.

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 25
Interesting. It's also 1/3 price. A lot of people seem to love it.

I gotta warn you if don't like the way Trifecta sounds, you won't like the Bonneville either. They share a lot of the same DNA formula to the sonic presentation

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 25
I do like the unique Campfire sound. I've tried a few their IEMs and I think I get it. Trifecta with it's price and the whole buzz around it, seems to be an outlier. I'm frankly intrigued. I want another hour with it.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #9 of 25
Campfire has a way to make the sound larger than life which is what I chase for IEMs, but I also want that full bodied texture to the notes and the non-fatiguing signature to boot. They remind me of Susvara, but on a completely different approach to the sound. Susvara is the perfect headphone tonally has the cunning ability to make music larger than life. Bonneville does the same effect to me, but with Campfire's own sound signature instead.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 25
Campfire has a way to make the sound larger than life which is what I chase for IEMs, but I also want that full bodied texture to the notes and the non-fatiguing signature to boot. They remind me of Susvara, but on a completely different approach to the sound. Susvara is the perfect headphone tonally has the cunning ability to make music larger than life. Bonneville does the same effect to me, but with Campfire's own sound signature instead.
Gotcha. Do you like the Trifecta? Do you think it's worth the money?

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #11 of 25

I like it a lot and if I had disposable funds, I would buy it. However, Bonneville is the one that IMHO brings the most bang for Campfire house sound for buck. Trifecta is a statement of bass and big sound while Bonneville is a dialed-down trifecta but with BA mids and treble timbre

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #12 of 25
Trifecta has been highly polarising on the CFA and water cooler threads. There have been veryˆstaunch supporters.

In agreement is that it is idiosyncratic and unique in it's presentation of 3 DD. This may and has appealed to certain people.

I personally would answer "no" to both questions sharing opinions similar to that already posted above. However, I prefer the Andromeda style tuning. Which is not the norm when it comes to CFA IEM's.

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #13 of 25
Trifecta has been highly polarising on the CFA and water cooler threads. There have been veryˆstaunch supporters.

In agreement is that it is idiosyncratic and unique in it's presentation of 3 DD. This may and has appealed to certain people.

I personally would answer "no" to both questions sharing opinions similar to that already posted above. However, I prefer the Andromeda style tuning. Which is not the norm when it comes to CFA IEM's.
Yeah. I’m all about a unique approach but for $3k+ the bar has to be higher in terms of tuning and technicalities. Again this is based on 15 minutes of listening. Wish I had more time with it.

Jan 28, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #14 of 25
I don't get it.
Me too. I respect that others like them. The Trifecta and Bonneville are some of the worst things I’ve heard over the last few months. I can’t believe the asking prices.

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #15 of 25
Me too. I respect that others like them. The Trifecta and Bonneville are some of the worst things I’ve heard over the last few months. I can’t believe the asking prices.

Buy the UM Mason Nuit Étoilée. I have heard the UM Mason Fusang and Mentor V3 during CanJam, and I belive based on their tuning (quite the opposite of Campfire house sound), you'll love the latest Mason Nuit Étoilée. Another one I recommend highly is Aroma Jewel and Subtonic Storm since they're more detail oriented and reference sounding IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back