Campfire Holocene vs. Andromeda
Nov 10, 2022 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rebbi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, folks,
I have a pair of the campfire Holocene IEM‘s that I adore. For those of you have have heard both the Andromeda and the Holocene, would you be so kind as to comment on how much of an upgrade the Andromeda is over the Holocene? I am sorely tempted…
Thank you so much in advance!

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 3
I just listened to Andromeda today back to back with my own Holocene and I can say that funny enough my Holocene sound better. Maybe because of the cable as lower impedance iem in this case 5 ohms for holocene got affected more by the cable impedance which in this case could be close to 20 percent of the overall impedance of the system. My IEM is also equipped with 4.4 balanced where the andro got the stock 3.5. The Holocene had deeper tighter more impactful bass with better vocals everything else is neck a neck. Might be me but I can say without a doubt the vocal is better and bass is better on my Holocene. After trying it I feel like Andromeda would be a down grade but with the same setup it might perform better but for me I'm satisfied.

Oct 2, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Replying to an old post but hopefully this helps someone. I had the Holocene for a week or so and but ended up returning it and going for the Andromeda 2020.

You can definitely tell the similarity between the sound signatures of the Holocene and Andromeda 2020.

The Holocene has a more holographic sound. Lows, mids and highs are well separated, providing that 3D effect which I feel is better then the Andromeda's. However, I thought that the sound on the Holocene felt a little 'thin', perhaps because decay is quicker than the Andromeda. Bass is also less impactful on the Holocene than the Andromeda.

I felt that the Holocene excelled in a small number of genres which tend to be lighter on bass (like acoustic) but was just OK for the most part. On the other hand, the Andromeda were pretty good at most genres, albeit still a little light on bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back