Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
May 2, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #5,371 of 5,394
Did anyone compare Campfire Audio Vega and IMR Opus Mia?
A little late, but have the Opus Mia and the Vega 2020, plus can compare them to the Atlas. Let me know if you still want to know the difference?

On a related note, a closer comparison will be to the new IMR models coming out soon, as they all use an ADLC driver.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #5,372 of 5,394
Hi, if somebody has left earpiece of Dorado's (old one) and doesn't need it, please let me know.
Sadly, the nozzle from left earpiece is broken and it's hard to repair.
Or maybe somebody knows where is possible to find just one earpiece.
Thanks.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #5,373 of 5,394
A little late, but have the Opus Mia and the Vega 2020, plus can compare them to the Atlas. Let me know if you still want to know the difference?

On a related note, a closer comparison will be to the new IMR models coming out soon, as they all use an ADLC driver.
Thanks. I compared them by myself. Dorado 2020/Vega 2020/IMR Opus Mia and now I have Vega 2020 only =)

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #5,374 of 5,394
Got a used Vega 2016 2 weeks ago for £350, mint condition too.
How similar are they to the new model? Anybody have both?

I think they're pretty impressive so far. I prefer them to my Andro S, but I expected that considering the Vega sound signature fits right in with personal preferences. Fast becoming one of the funnest, most engaging bits of gear I own. There's an awesome sense of body to the sound that you don't expect from an iem.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #5,375 of 5,394

I think they're pretty impressive so far. I prefer them to my Andro S, but I expected that considering the Vega sound signature fits right in with personal preferences. Fast becoming one of the funnest, most engaging bits of gear I own. There's an awesome sense of body to the sound that you don't expect from an iem.
Nice, used to have them, what tips and dap are you using?

Sep 17, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #5,378 of 5,394
Does the Cobalt have enough power to open up the midrange? These need the high gain setting on daps to open up.
Haven't compared it to a desktop setup yet, it's all I have for on the go atm as the Mojo proved to finicky...
That said, I've been surprised by the midrange on these, it's actually excellent, and very full. I prefer it to the andros for female vocals so far, so the Cobalt must be doing something right. Maybe I ought to invest in a decent DAP, there's an ex demo sp1000m going for £840 im tempted by...

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #5,380 of 5,394

They are very different to the new model. The new models is going for a warmer, smoother signature with more of a mid bass bias and less peaky treble. More of an “L” shake signature than the original.

Dec 4, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #5,381 of 5,394
Original Vega owner. Nozzle is detaching due to the crap glue they used to affix it to the metal housing. Shipping from Germany plus repair costs isn't too appealing. Cable on my Cascade is terrible too, super glue repair jobs because the plastic was breaking. Cloth is all kinked up. I'm put off Campfire audio right now.

Dec 4, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #5,382 of 5,394
How long have you owned these items. My Lyra II was bought from another user and I have had it for 4+ years with no issues?

If these are less than 1 year that’s not good but items develop wear and tear over time. Campfire Audio has generally very good quality and service have you reached out to them ?

Dec 4, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #5,383 of 5,394
Original Vega owner. Nozzle is detaching due to the crap glue they used to affix it to the metal housing. Shipping from Germany plus repair costs isn't too appealing. Cable on my Cascade is terrible too, super glue repair jobs because the plastic was breaking. Cloth is all kinked up. I'm put off Campfire audio right now.
It happened to a pair of Lyra II's I also picked up around 3 years ago. Campfire will have no problem resolving it for you.

Dec 4, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #5,384 of 5,394
How long have you owned these items. My Lyra II was bought from another user and I have had it for 4+ years with no issues?

If these are less than 1 year that’s not good but items develop wear and tear over time. Campfire Audio has generally very good quality and service have you reached out to them ?
I've got multiple headphones that cost under $500 which sound good and have lasted eight or more years. A $1300 pair falling apart in a few years is downright unacceptable. No excuses.

I may try to get them repaired. Just a huge hassle and costs money I'd rather use on other stuff.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #5,385 of 5,394
I've got multiple headphones that cost under $500 which sound good and have lasted eight or more years. A $1300 pair falling apart in a few years is downright unacceptable. No excuses.

I may try to get them repaired. Just a huge hassle and costs money I'd rather use on other stuff.
No disputing that the issue is not good. But still no response to how old, how you use them and care for them ?

You might care for them extremely well but many people are hard on their belongings.

I personally treatment my IEM and headphones with great care.

Have you contacted Campfire audio? You might be pleasantly surprised at how they handle the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back