Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Sep 16, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #5,341 of 5,394
Sep 20, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #5,342 of 5,394
hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying CA Vega and I wanted to find out if someone used this IEM out of Randson ES100 ??

I was wondering what is the sound quality of Vega paired with ES considering that many reviewers of Vega say that this IEM it's quite source dependable.

I want to use my Samsung S10+ as a player & ES100 is ideal option (I have it) because it can connect via bluetooth and I don't need to connect it with a cable to my phone + it's super small and convenient :)

thanks

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #5,343 of 5,394
hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying CA Vega and I wanted to find out if someone used this IEM out of Randson ES100 ??

I was wondering what is the sound quality of Vega paired with ES considering that many reviewers of Vega say that this IEM it's quite source dependable.

I want to use my Samsung S10+ as a player & ES100 is ideal option (I have it) because it can connect via bluetooth and I don't need to connect it with a cable to my phone + it's super small and convenient :)

thanks

It sounds great, obviously not Mojo or DAP great but very good for a bluetooth option. Im listening to it now through my MacBook and Jupiters and its very capable wired as well. Campfire's DD IEM's do respond well to power though.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #5,344 of 5,394
Welp, it's been almost three months since I've mailed Campfire Audio about the nozzle of my Vega separating and I got no reply, guess there's no interest from them in honoring the warranty. The thing is, I'm OK with the outrageous shipping fees from my country to USA and back, cheaper than a new Vega.

I put the two parts together again, but the isolation on the headphone was compromised. If I were to give it a number, I'd say it isolates like 15%-20% less than the side that has not separated. The nozzle has come undone other times after that first time, but it seems to happen on rather humid and hot days, the glue softens. Every other day the glue holds just fine.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get the isolation back by jury-rigging something on my end. Anyone know something that might work?

Dec 10, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #5,345 of 5,394
Welp, it's been almost three months since I've mailed Campfire Audio about the nozzle of my Vega separating and I got no reply, guess there's no interest from them in honoring the warranty. The thing is, I'm OK with the outrageous shipping fees from my country to USA and back, cheaper than a new Vega.

I put the two parts together again, but the isolation on the headphone was compromised. If I were to give it a number, I'd say it isolates like 15%-20% less than the side that has not separated. The nozzle has come undone other times after that first time, but it seems to happen on rather humid and hot days, the glue softens. Every other day the glue holds just fine.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get the isolation back by jury-rigging something on my end. Anyone know something that might work?

Email them again. Don't wait 3 months for a follow-up. Follow up after a few days and no response. The guys at CA also have accounts here, send a PM.

Dec 31, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #5,346 of 5,394
I sold the Atlas as I was unable to overcome driver flex issues with silicone, were I to buy into the Vegas, would it be a similar story or are they less prone to driver flex?

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #5,347 of 5,394
I sold the Atlas as I was unable to overcome driver flex issues with silicone, were I to buy into the Vegas, would it be a similar story or are they less prone to driver flex?
I have both and yes driver flex is slightly less in the Vega.

I found that foam tips have less driver flex than silicon tips.

Feb 21, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #5,348 of 5,394
I'm sending the Vega back to Campfire Audio for repairs. I'm felling a little bit dumb asking this. On the automated response e-mail, they ask to please not send it with additional accessories, cases or retail packaging. I'm assuming this is to keep the shipping costs down and prevent liabilities with the loss of expensive cables or custom made tips. However, how am I supposed to safely mail them? Do I just tuck them inside a bubble wrap envelope and hope for the best?

Once again forgive me if this is a dumb question to ask.

Feb 21, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #5,349 of 5,394
I'm sending the Vega back to Campfire Audio for repairs. I'm felling a little bit dumb asking this. On the automated response e-mail, they ask to please not send it with additional accessories, cases or retail packaging. I'm assuming this is to keep the shipping costs down and prevent liabilities with the loss of expensive cables or custom made tips. However, how am I supposed to safely mail them? Do I just tuck them inside a bubble wrap envelope and hope for the best?

Once again forgive me if this is a dumb question to ask.
You can bubble wrap the Vega and put it inside a small hard case then into the envelope.

Feb 21, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #5,352 of 5,394
Looking back at the reasons the nozzles on my Vega came off. I realized that it was down to fit issues. It seems I adjusted the IEM way too often and the glue just gave out. When I get them back, I'm going to get custom eartips for them, like the ones on my SE-535. The tips of my SE-535 are hard, fit like a charm and isolate to the point it makes a loud, busy street; whisper quiet. I tried the same thing with my Vega locally. The people doing this did an amazing with Shure; they have the molds for them, with Vega they just botched it.

Can anyone recommend me someone that has successfully made resin or silicone eartips for the Vega? I don't mind if they are overseas. I know where to get high quality ear impressions locally. The people that will do the ear impressions are recommended by ultimate ears, here's hoping they serve me well.

I would very much prefer the eartips to be of hard resin, they just work better; when done properly. I would also like them so they DON'T push the headphone out of the ear. The ones I've seen for Vega on the internet look as if they took a regular ear impression of the ear and stuck the Vega on it while it was still soft. It looks amateurish and the headphone sticks out of the ear.

TLDR: Looking to have custom made resin eartips for the Vega, that give a flush fit against my ear. The Vega must NOT stick out any further than my regular fit with standard eartips.

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #5,353 of 5,394
I have the ADV silicon tips for the Vega and they work great. The Vega doesn't really stick out much more and are extremely comfortable.

The only downside is the seal can be too good and sometimes the driver flexes when inserting.

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #5,354 of 5,394
Those ADV are exactly the thing I don't want. That sleeve covers the headphone, I don't want the mold to include the concha, just the ear canal. Like this:

On the Vega:
9918895.jpg

On the SE-535
earphone-31-shureSE535.jpg

It has become kind of frustrating to find a store that makes the tips of the Vega exactly like that. I've already wasted two attempts trying to make it work locally. It seems like my best bet is going to be find a technician and sit next to him while he makes the molds.

Rant incoming: I really don't know how hard it is for people to make these things, but every time I show them this picture they go: "Oh no we don't do them like that! Best we can do is stick the earphone on the putty and be done with it." I mean, I'm not asking for them to do something outrageous, just use less material! Unless that makes manipulating the thing harder...sigh. Anyway, end of rant.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #5,355 of 5,394
Those ADV are exactly the thing I don't want. That sleeve covers the headphone, I don't want the mold to include the concha, just the ear canal. Like this:

On the Vega:
9918895.jpg

On the SE-535
earphone-31-shureSE535.jpg

It has become kind of frustrating to find a store that makes the tips of the Vega exactly like that. I've already wasted two attempts trying to make it work locally. It seems like my best bet is going to be find a technician and sit next to him while he makes the molds.

Rant incoming: I really don't know how hard it is for people to make these things, but every time I show them this picture they go: "Oh no we don't do them like that! Best we can do is stick the earphone on the putty and be done with it." I mean, I'm not asking for them to do something outrageous, just use less materiafl! Unless that makes manipulating the thing harder...sigh. Anyway, end of rant.

Check out the silicone tips from Custom Art in Poland. I use them on my Solaris and Atlas, and originally had then on my Vega when I had it. They are "tips", and leave the IEM fairly flush with the ear. Think they might be just what your are after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back