Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Feb 18, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #4,757 of 5,394
Many people have problems with MMCX connectors because despite my care one of the two dysfunctions since well before the end of warranty but I mistakenly thought it was more cable. Now the time that I understand and that I send it to the USA the guarantee is finished. Campfire first offered me $ 350 and then $ 150! Another friend of mine had the same worries but could send them in time .... For me the operation will be very expensive between shipping and customs (I'm French) ...

That's about VEGA

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #4,758 of 5,394
Currently own the Vegas and use them with the ibasso dx200 I would prefer a dac amp for my phone and was wodwonderif my oppo ha 2 se would be good or if there are substantially better options available thanks!
I use the ha2se with my Vegas and with Polaris. Works great for both. The se version has a great noise floor for iems. I also use mojo for both. Ha2se is brighter than mojo. Depends in your preference. The hase2 stacks well with no interence with my iphone. With mojo I cannot stack due to RF interference. People love their DAPs and may recommend some but I prefer using my phone with Tidal. Cost benefit of the hase2 is excellent in my opinion and refurbished price from Oppo is really good.

Feb 19, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #4,760 of 5,394
Does anyone know how the balanced ak70 mk2 with the vega? And thank you slc1966!

This is my current set up right now. It sounds fantastic. Even though the output impedance is somewhat high in balanced mode (3ohm), the background remains silent, and I can't hear any distortion up to the point where it's too loud for me (around 65).

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #4,761 of 5,394
This is my current set up right now. It sounds fantastic. Even though the output impedance is somewhat high in balanced mode (3ohm), the background remains silent, and I can't hear any distortion up to the point where it's too loud for me (around 65).

That is encouraging: my plan is to add an AK70II for use with my Lyra II. I am looking forward to it.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #4,762 of 5,394
I learned the importer of Campfire Audio products in Japan announced discontinuation of
sales of Dorado and Jupiter once their stock runs out.
Accordingly production of these discontinue.
So is this news already acknowledged in other countries?
Hope Dorado II and Jupiter II to be released soon.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4,763 of 5,394
I learned the importer of Campfire Audio products in Japan announced discontinuation of
sales of Dorado and Jupiter once their stock runs out.
Accordingly production of these discontinue.
So is this news already acknowledged in other countries?
Hope Dorado II and Jupiter II to be released soon.

Damn, real odd to see Dorado getting discontinued so fast. Wondering what's the reason for it..low sales? Unsatisfying sound?

Hope they don't change the colors though. Love the gold looking..

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #4,764 of 5,394
Damn, real odd to see Dorado getting discontinued so fast. Wondering what's the reason for it..low sales? Unsatisfying sound?

It's my fault. I had planned to try a Dorado as a change of pace from my Lyra II. But I waited too long and now they're gone. Why did I wait? Why? Why?

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #4,765 of 5,394

The Dorado sounds fantastic. It’s the long and thick nossle that turns off people. I couldn’t get a comfortable fit to save my life. I ended up buying a Vega instead.

Feb 22, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #4,766 of 5,394
Massdrop has the Lyra II for $500 again.

Feb 22, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #4,767 of 5,394
Massdrop has the Lyra II for $500 again.

I saw that, I got a pair of Vegas this week, but I'm still so tempted. I don't know why more companies don't do more Massdrops, I buy so much stuff on there that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #4,769 of 5,394
One more week and I’ll have my Vega to enjoy with CA 4.4 silver litz and Ibasso DX200. It’s gonna be a really really long week :smile_phones:

Oh man I have that same combo and it is so good I just ordered some Andromedas, you are going to be loving it!

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #4,770 of 5,394
Oh man I have that same combo and it is so good I just ordered some Andromedas, you are going to be loving it!
You should see the big grin on my face now after reading your comment :ksc75smile: I have the Andromeda and you are going to love them also. I think we are both going to be grinning from ear to ear or iem to iem:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: can’t wait, the suspense is killing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back