Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 13, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #4,486 of 5,394
Anyone use the reference 8 cable with the Vegas? I have one that I just received and have been swapping back and forth between it on the vega and Andromeda with the original litz cable. With the Andromeda I can immediately tell a difference but with the Vega not so much. I almost like it better with the litz cable on the Vega.

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #4,487 of 5,394
Agreed. I removed the wire before the end of the first day with my Lyra II's. 1000% better. Horrible design choice.

I know this is mostly a Vega thread, but would you post your impressions of the Lyra II? Seems to get overshadowed by the Vega and Andromeda.

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #4,488 of 5,394
I know this is mostly a Vega thread, but would you post your impressions of the Lyra II? Seems to get overshadowed by the Vega and Andromeda.

I’ve posted about this a couple times, so apologies for repeating, but I spent more than an hour with the very gracious Campfire guys at their booth at Canjam NY in February, going back and forth between Vega, Dorado, and Lyra II. I luckily could’ve afforded any of them, and chose the Lyra II over Vega and Dorado. After almost a year, I’m still surprised every time by their incredibly musical, coherent, enveloping sound. The Vega was also amazing, but they were just too much for me, I felt like I was being pummeled. Really, all three were so good that the choice is more about your taste, not which one is objectively “better.” Nothing else I’ve tried this year has tempted me away from the Lyra II.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #4,489 of 5,394
Anyone use the reference 8 cable with the Vegas? I have one that I just received and have been swapping back and forth between it on the vega and Andromeda with the original litz cable. With the Andromeda I can immediately tell a difference but with the Vega not so much. I almost like it better with the litz cable on the Vega.

I had the ref 8 for a week or two. Honestly couldn't hear any difference between the ref 8 and the original litz with the vega. And the ref 8 I found stiff and microphonic so I sold it and just stuck to the litz.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #4,490 of 5,394
68% of all my songs are OST's from jrpg's( games such as final fantasy, Nier Automata etc..) and various other soundtracks.

Thanks for reminding me about Nier: Automata. I played it for a little while earlier this year and kept taking notice of how great the music sounded. I used my Vega during gameplay and it was just so beautiful. Just downloaded the OST and it sounds amazing. I suppose there could be more instrument separation, but that's the tradeoff.

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #4,491 of 5,394
Thanks for reminding me about Nier: Automata. I played it for a little while earlier this year and kept taking notice of how great the music sounded. I used my Vega during gameplay and it was just so beautiful. Just downloaded the OST and it sounds amazing. I suppose there could be more instrument separation, but that's the tradeoff.

Oh man can't wait!. In losless right?. How does ´Alien Manifestation´ sound?, My current set just isn't doing it justice, that's one Powerful track. Epsecially in 24/96. Also how does `Possesed by A Diesease` sound?. If you can give some inputs id appreciate it :).

Dec 13, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #4,492 of 5,394
Oh man can't wait!. In losless right?. How does ´Alien Manifestation´ sound?, My current set just isn't doing it justice, that's one Powerful track. Epsecially in 24/96. Also how does `Possesed by A Diesease` sound?. If you can give some inputs id appreciate it :).
Oh, gosh. The one I "downloaded" only has names in Japanese. Where can I find a 24/96 version? Once I find song titles, I'll look up your specific requests.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #4,493 of 5,394
Oh, gosh. The one I "downloaded" only has names in Japanese. Where can I find a 24/96 version? Once I find song titles, I'll look up your specific requests.

Shoot, correction, 24/48. I was really hooked into the OST I bought the CD. A blog by HikaruIII.blogspot has it also in 24bit Flac (english?). You might need to search the blog, its pages down I believe.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #4,494 of 5,394
Shoot, correction, 24/48. I was really hooked into the OST I bought the CD. A blog by HikaruIII.blogspot has it also in 24bit Flac (english?). You might need to search the blog, its pages down I believe.

EDIT// It's Japanese.

Ffshrine.forums has it in English.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #4,496 of 5,394
I’ve posted about this a couple times, so apologies for repeating, but I spent more than an hour with the very gracious Campfire guys at their booth at Canjam NY in February, going back and forth between Vega, Dorado, and Lyra II. I luckily could’ve afforded any of them, and chose the Lyra II over Vega and Dorado. After almost a year, I’m still surprised every time by their incredibly musical, coherent, enveloping sound. The Vega was also amazing, but they were just too much for me, I felt like I was being pummeled. Really, all three were so good that the choice is more about your taste, not which one is objectively “better.” Nothing else I’ve tried this year has tempted me away from the Lyra II.
I agree, I love the L2. Balanced Triton8 Hybrid Cable into my 300R.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4,498 of 5,394

Arrgh, I accidentally deleted a more detailed impression.

Let me simply put it this way. Since owning the Lyra II's, I've been paying particular, renewed attention to the sound mix when I've gone out to various live music venues. The slight elevation of bass in the balance, the attenuation of treble clarity in relation to distance from the stage, etc. And I absolutely get that sense of natural presentation and a connection to the analog sources I grew up with when listening to with the Lyra's. Very satisfying.

Natural, coherent, musical, detailed, and a beautifully balanced, textured bass. A joy. Couldn't be happier!:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #4,499 of 5,394
Wow. Those are two very intense tracks. Vega definitely delivers on a booming bass. I wonder if it crowds it just a touch. I think this OST could benefit from something with a bit more imaging/soundstage, as I'd like the sounds to be a bit further apart. This is where I'd love to get to A/B with Andro and Lyra II. I'll have to borrow my friend's L2 again and compare, since it has slightly more robust mids.

Extremely impactful, nonetheless.

I like Peaceful Sleep and Amusement Park.
The bass on The Color of Depression rumbles all the way down my body.

Listening to Pascal, right now. THIS is what sound is supposed to sound like. Can almost hear the individual claps. Can also hear the contact of fingers on instruments.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #4,500 of 5,394
Your description of the music...I cant take anymore~~

My current setup sounds more like what you've mentioned regarding the soundstage and imaging. The lows somewhat lackluster, everything slightly positioned away from you. The whole soundtrack sounds less engaging but analytical, and from my side I'd rather be crowded since the soundtrack is somewhat dynamic.

I'll still consider the Vega, to hear music some what differently than what I am currently used to. Thank youu for the feedbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back