Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 8, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #4,426 of 5,394
Give it another go after 100+ hrs of burn in, you'll be a believer then!

Edit: I also was not a huge fan of pairing Vega with Mojo. Best I heard it was out of a DX200 with Amp 3.

Seriously, burn in on DD's are a thing... even the manufacturer recommends it.

Side note: I'm really digging the mojo + vega combo, but I don't have anything "better" to compare it to. The mojo outclasses all my other portable gear. I have not been keeping up with the latest head-fi FOTM (my wallet thanks me)

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #4,427 of 5,394
I've seen several recent posts stating which portable amps you guys are using with your Vegas. Is anyone having good sound from Vegas with a "naked" DAP? Trying to stay minimalist on the go I'm not a fan of carrying a DAP and amp.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #4,428 of 5,394
Ive just received the vega, and even considering myself as a bass head, this little beast has to much of it (IMO). To me, the bass line volume ending interfering on the whole music.
Another point to be noticed, I have some beautifully recorded live sessions (studios, shows etc) that on vega lost all their space signature, Eg. Hoodoman blues SACD from Analog Productions, on my SE846 or even K3003 its possible the hear the studio room that Buddy Guy and Junior Wells are recording.
Ive read somewhere the vega really needs burn in, despite the fact that Im not a burinin believer , lets give it a 200hs try.
By the way, I listened to it on sony ZX2, Chord Mojo, Red wine audio AK100II and Note 8. Tried as many tips as could, from foam complys to audio techincas silicones, JVCs spiral dots.

As many others have stated, the Vega does require burn-in time to sound its best. I believe CA recommends 75 hours for the Vega, but I've seen others exceed 200. Only after achieving the necessary burn-in will you be able to properly evaluate the signature of the Vega and fine tune the sound with your tip selection and other components. Whether you believe in burn-in or don't, it's not going to hurt to try it out and attempt to hear the differences for yourself. I think you might be pleasantly surprised!

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #4,429 of 5,394
I've seen several recent posts stating which portable amps you guys are using with your Vegas. Is anyone having good sound from Vegas with a "naked" DAP? Trying to stay minimalist on the go I'm not a fan of carrying a DAP and amp.
I have been having good results with the Vega paired with the Fiio x7 ii (no background hissing, unlike when the Vega are powered by Samsung phones/tablets).

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #4,430 of 5,394
The Vega with Ref 8 Balanced and the OPUS#2 is a pairing made in heaven.

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #4,431 of 5,394
Ive just received the vega, and even considering myself as a bass head, this little beast has to much of it (IMO). To me, the bass line volume ending interfering on the whole music.
Another point to be noticed, I have some beautifully recorded live sessions (studios, shows etc) that on vega lost all their space signature, Eg. Hoodoman blues SACD from Analog Productions, on my SE846 or even K3003 its possible the hear the studio room that Buddy Guy and Junior Wells are recording.
Ive read somewhere the vega really needs burn in, despite the fact that Im not a burinin believer , lets give it a 200hs try.
By the way, I listened to it on sony ZX2, Chord Mojo, Red wine audio AK100II and Note 8. Tried as many tips as could, from foam complys to audio techincas silicones, JVCs spiral dots.
Burn in is definitely a thing with Vega (DDs in general). The range is quite squashed and the bass is located very close to the treble. It will unfold beautifully, over the course of the next week, if you keep it going 24/7.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #4,432 of 5,394
Burn in is definitely a thing with Vega (DDs in general). The range is quite squashed and the bass is located very close to the treble. It will unfold beautifully, over the course of the next week, if you keep it going 24/7.

Any advice for burning vegas? Can I leave it playing my musics non stop? should I use noise tracks?
Regards!

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #4,434 of 5,394
Any advice for burning vegas? Can I leave it playing my musics non stop? should I use noise tracks?
Regards!
Besides music look up the JLab Burn In track. It's free to download.

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #4,436 of 5,394
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #4,437 of 5,394

I don’t believe in burn in either but either the Vega or my brain burnt in... bass tightened and lessened in quantity and the treble became more tamed.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #4,438 of 5,394
I use "audiophile hi res system test" from hd tracks. Had it for ages now and use for all gear. Has all the freq tests and also some music specific to freq. Works a treat.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #4,439 of 5,394
Another comparison question: has anyone A/Bed the Lyra II/ Vega with the HIFIMan RE-800? The RE800 also intrigues me, but I'm concerned about the 7k Hz bump that I think I would find fatiguing. Based on my experience with my HE500, I like HIFIMan tech, though.

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #4,440 of 5,394
Has anyone put the Vega up against tia Fourte? I was on the North American tia Fourte /U18 tour and loved the tia Fourte. Having said that, I have always enjoyed the sound of a good Dynamic driver. The Vegas intrigue me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back