Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Aug 5, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #4,066 of 5,394
Here are some free songs from Slow Meadow to draw out some

That is trippy stuff. I have checked them out and they have been on my radar and I would have liked them in my early days of going down the rabbit hole, but doing so changed my preference to slower music.

Your previous song made me revisit Slow Meadow again so I checked them out to see if they had any new releases and they have some free stuff if anyone is interested (found some other free stuff by others as well)...

Wish I could find some more free stuff for fellow music lovers, but I don't even know if any of this stuff hits anyone's preferences, but just in case here they are.

O: I have some of them in my collection

Aug 5, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #4,067 of 5,394
Here are some free songs from Slow Meadow to draw out some

That is trippy stuff. I have checked them out and they have been on my radar and I would have liked them in my early days of going down the rabbit hole, but doing so changed my preference to slower music.

Your previous song made me revisit Slow Meadow again so I checked them out to see if they had any new releases and they have some free stuff if anyone is interested (found some other free stuff by others as well)...

Wish I could find some more free stuff for fellow music lovers, but I don't even know if any of this stuff hits anyone's preferences, but just in case here they are.

Thanks for all the links. Very enjoyable!

Yeah, Shpongle is intense and, after my experience on Weds, has proven to be the best accompaniment down the rabbit hole. I didn't dabble in my early years, so am really getting to enjoy all of this for the first time (in my 40s).

Here's something a bit less intense. A masterpiece of sound:

Aug 5, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #4,068 of 5,394
O: I have some of them in my collection

You have excellent taste : )

Thanks for all the links. Very enjoyable!

Yeah, Shpongle is intense and, after my experience on Weds, has proven to be the best accompaniment down the rabbit hole. I didn't dabble in my early years, so am really getting to enjoy all of this for the first time (in my 40s).

Here's something a bit less intense. A masterpiece of sound:

Yes! This is a great album! This will journey you through.

Better late than never. You're more than welcomed to PM me about your experiences. Been researching for years:nerd:.

Aug 5, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #4,069 of 5,394
Hi All,

I managed to pick up the Vegas a couple of months ago used. They have a powerful sound. The best way for me to describe them is Devialet made Phantoms for your ears, they would be the Vegas.

If there is one surprise, it's how the Vegas sound with the Chord Mojo. I had been listening to the Vegas only through the Mojo for a while but found them to lack dynamics and just not sound interesting. After a while, I started to experiment. Believe it or not, plugging them straight into my iPhone changed everything. The sound improved in every way possible. I also have a DragonFly Red which makes a slight improvement. Everything else I have tried has benefitted from the Mojo. Maybe it's personal preference, but I'm wondering what it is that makes the Vega not pair well with the Mojo. Or in another way, what do you need to make the Vega really shine. The one benefit is I can enjoy the Vega straight from the phone which makes it convenient in terms of portability.

Aug 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #4,070 of 5,394
Thanks for the music, guys. I listened to it all on my Sennheiser HD800, had such a wonderful experience.

Aug 5, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #4,071 of 5,394
Hi All,

I managed to pick up the Vegas a couple of months ago used. They have a powerful sound. The best way for me to describe them is Devialet made Phantoms for your ears, they would be the Vegas.

If there is one surprise, it's how the Vegas sound with the Chord Mojo. I had been listening to the Vegas only through the Mojo for a while but found them to lack dynamics and just not sound interesting. After a while, I started to experiment. Believe it or not, plugging them straight into my iPhone changed everything. The sound improved in every way possible. I also have a DragonFly Red which makes a slight improvement. Everything else I have tried has benefitted from the Mojo. Maybe it's personal preference, but I'm wondering what it is that makes the Vega not pair well with the Mojo. Or in another way, what do you need to make the Vega really shine. The one benefit is I can enjoy the Vega straight from the phone which makes it convenient in terms of portability.

Mojo doesn't do a good synergy with Vega. If you use a portable amp (ALO Continental V5) and use Mojo as a DAC, you'll drop your jaws on how Vega scales so well.

Aug 6, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #4,072 of 5,394
I kept reading how great the Vegas are from almost everyone on this site and other reviews. I decided to pull the trigger and get a pair. I have had the Vegas and the Ref8 balanced cable for about 2 weeks now. I use the Plenue 2 as my dap. Good decision?

As soon as I put them in my ears, my first thought was, "I just spent $1600.00 for this?" I felt like I made a huge mistake. The sound was flat and boring to me. I usually use silicone eartips but everyone said foam was the way to go, so I used the foam ones. I really didn't like what I heard. I listened to My favorite band Pink Floyd. I put on Dark side of the Moon. I know this album very well. The sound I was getting did not sound anywhere near as good as anyone said they did. I was so disappointed.
After about two hours I switched to silicone tips and got a good seal, that's when the magic started for me. I finally heard and "felt" the bass. I still wasn't happy with all of the sound but that bass was crazy good.
The second day listening, I had 5 hours on them the first day, I finally started to hear what others were talking about. Whether it is burn in or brain burn in, something sounded different to me. Things started sounding more cohesive. I finally had a decent soundstage at least. The highs were still not as open or sparkly as I would have wanted, but were better than the previous day. I put another 3 hours on that day.
After one week and about 20 hours on the Vegas and the cable I was really enjoying what I was hearing. Switching between SE and Balanced and going between my P1 and P2 I could easily hear the differences. The P2 in balanced was just easier to listen to. The soundstage was wider, the highs were farther reaching and had a wonderful decay, the bass settled some but was still really good, tight, and hit low, and the mids were a touch warm and clear. I couldn't wait to get home to listen to music.
I have had them for about 2 weeks now and have about 50 hours on them, so to some they need more time to burn in. I listened to Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks 24/96 today and it seems so fresh to me. It is like I was hearing what was originally recorded, it is fantastic. Goldfrapp Tales of Us is hypnotic with this combo. Jack Johnson In Between Dreams sounds so good I just kept turning up the volume. Everything I throw at these earphones sounds as good if not better than what I have heard before. Something about these earphones just clicks with me. I am a true believer in campfire now. I kept switching between foam and silicone tips. I used spinfit, comply and the provided silicone and foam tips. I really prefer the comply. I never thought I would prefer foam but here I am using them.
I only burn in my stuff as I'm listening to it, why not listen and get all the goodness I can? So was it a good decision? Absolutely! At 50 hours I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. These earphones draw me into the music like no other earphones or headphones have. I cannot recommend these enough. If you are on the fence about them, just buy them and give them a chance. Burn in(brain burn?) I think is a must for these. So take your time with them. I have written enough about these, time to get back to the music. Radiohead and Nick Cave are calling. Thanks to everyone who wrote on this thread. I read every post. Thanks again!

Aug 6, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #4,073 of 5,394
@Dukebb13 glad you enjoying the vega!!!
I think foam tips are very popular for CA iems overall!

Also taking a photo with Cayin i5 and Lyra II outdoors.
With one of the songs @Indigo Bob posted that I had in my collection :p
20170806_083241.jpg

Aug 6, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #4,074 of 5,394
I kept reading how great the Vegas are from almost everyone on this site and other reviews. I decided to pull the trigger and get a pair. I have had the Vegas and the Ref8 balanced cable for about 2 weeks now. I use the Plenue 2 as my dap. Good decision?

As soon as I put them in my ears, my first thought was, "I just spent $1600.00 for this?" I felt like I made a huge mistake. The sound was flat and boring to me. I usually use silicone eartips but everyone said foam was the way to go, so I used the foam ones. I really didn't like what I heard. I listened to My favorite band Pink Floyd. I put on Dark side of the Moon. I know this album very well. The sound I was getting did not sound anywhere near as good as anyone said they did. I was so disappointed.
After about two hours I switched to silicone tips and got a good seal, that's when the magic started for me. I finally heard and "felt" the bass. I still wasn't happy with all of the sound but that bass was crazy good.
The second day listening, I had 5 hours on them the first day, I finally started to hear what others were talking about. Whether it is burn in or brain burn in, something sounded different to me. Things started sounding more cohesive. I finally had a decent soundstage at least. The highs were still not as open or sparkly as I would have wanted, but were better than the previous day. I put another 3 hours on that day.
After one week and about 20 hours on the Vegas and the cable I was really enjoying what I was hearing. Switching between SE and Balanced and going between my P1 and P2 I could easily hear the differences. The P2 in balanced was just easier to listen to. The soundstage was wider, the highs were farther reaching and had a wonderful decay, the bass settled some but was still really good, tight, and hit low, and the mids were a touch warm and clear. I couldn't wait to get home to listen to music.
I have had them for about 2 weeks now and have about 50 hours on them, so to some they need more time to burn in. I listened to Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks 24/96 today and it seems so fresh to me. It is like I was hearing what was originally recorded, it is fantastic. Goldfrapp Tales of Us is hypnotic with this combo. Jack Johnson In Between Dreams sounds so good I just kept turning up the volume. Everything I throw at these earphones sounds as good if not better than what I have heard before. Something about these earphones just clicks with me. I am a true believer in campfire now. I kept switching between foam and silicone tips. I used spinfit, comply and the provided silicone and foam tips. I really prefer the comply. I never thought I would prefer foam but here I am using them.
I only burn in my stuff as I'm listening to it, why not listen and get all the goodness I can? So was it a good decision? Absolutely! At 50 hours I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. These earphones draw me into the music like no other earphones or headphones have. I cannot recommend these enough. If you are on the fence about them, just buy them and give them a chance. Burn in(brain burn?) I think is a must for these. So take your time with them. I have written enough about these, time to get back to the music. Radiohead and Nick Cave are calling. Thanks to everyone who wrote on this thread. I read every post. Thanks again!

I can't do foam either. I feel it sucks way too much out of the sound.

Aug 6, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #4,078 of 5,394
Hey pinky what do you like using for your jupiters?

JVC Spiral Dots seem to give me best fit and sound for nearly every IEM I've tried.

Aug 6, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #4,080 of 5,394

Users who are viewing this thread

Back