Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jul 20, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,036 of 5,394
I don't have any experience with lotoo ,but I suggest
DX200 ,excellent pair .cheaper and better UI, In the future it is possible realize Amp 3 or 4.... :wink:

I already own Diana.
20170706_144256.jpg

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #4,037 of 5,394
The duration is about 6 months use Vega , Most sensitive to tips and cable .I don't any problem with player and lotoo is the best :)
20170619_115301_Film1.jpg

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #4,038 of 5,394
The duration is about 6 months use Vega , Most sensitive to tips and cable .I don't any problem with player and lotoo is the best :)

Morimoriya 62, I see that you have Campfire Audio Vega and Andromeda. Which do you like better? And why?

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #4,039 of 5,394
Morimoriya 62, I see that you have Campfire Audio Vega and Andromeda. Which do you like better? And why?
I like both ,Andromeda mid forward music on your face and Analytical slightly better sepertion and wider stage than vega with greater trible and airy .
On the other hand Vega drag you to music .better resolution and 3D stage with strong bass impact ,mid are full but lack back in comparison with Andromeda .
Andromeda more hiss and louder .I like vega because sound stage very special for me.

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #4,040 of 5,394
I have had the Vega for a few months now. The sound that comes out of it is quite impressive, however I do find the mids to be missing that something special. Definitely haven't been using them as much since I received my zmf eikon and atticus.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #4,044 of 5,394
I'm sure this has already been discussed in this long thread, but curious who has tried the Ref8 with the Vega. Thoughts on the changes?
Thx
I'm using the Ref 8 balanced on my DX200, so can't really compare directly with the stock SE Litz cable (on top of it having been weeks/months since I used SE), but I remember having better balance and separation. Bass was tighter but not necessarily lesser in quantity, while vocals were clearer. Can't say how much of that was attributed to using a proper balanced output or the Ref 8, though, but I believe the pattern should be the same to varying degrees.

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #4,045 of 5,394
I'm sure this has already been discussed in this long thread, but curious who has tried the Ref8 with the Vega. Thoughts on the changes?
Thx

I had a non balanced ref 8 that I used with the vega and my mojo. I dont want to get into any arguments or discussions with anyone, but honestly, if there were any sound differences, they were minor enough that I think it was expectations coloring it more than any real changes. Maybe I just dont have the right sources to listen to or what, but really, I couldn't hear any difference. Maybe I just wasn't listening critically enough... which isn't really my goal, enjoyment is. And I got the exact same amount of enjoyment out of both and again couldnt really tell any difference.

I bought the ref 8 though because I liked the idea of an 8 braid cable and I liked the way it looked and was interested in having an even more premium cable. However, what I did find was that the ref 8 cable was quite a bit stiffer and had quite a bit more microphonics than the included litz cable. So I sold it and went back to just being happy with the litz.

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #4,046 of 5,394
I love the Vega! It's crazy how Ken was able to pack that amount of quality sound into such a tiny enclosure!

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #4,048 of 5,394
Change through "Burn In" is marginal at best. I couldn't hear any change with my Lyra II. Enjoy them right out of the box, they sound fantastic.
That's very interesting. The change in SQ on the Vega is pretty substantial after burn in.

I'm an audiophile in the sense that I like high-quality sound, but don't have the trained ear to pick apart all of the insane things that the technical audiophiles focus on. Having said that, when I went down to Portland to visit Campfire/ALO Audio, I could tell the difference between the moderately-burned-in Vega I demoed, the new-in-box Vega I bought, and its burned-in version a week later. The range of sound felt very squished together on the demo/new, and eargasmically open once burned in. hehehe

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #4,049 of 5,394

Users who are viewing this thread

Back