Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Jul 16, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #4,021 of 5,394
YES!!! Exactly that!

I've learned in this past year just how sensitive I am to exterior sounds, especially if I'm drained/cranky. I use IEMs as ear plugs that also deliver music to bring more balance and stability to things. This means, I'm listening through my Vega about 4-12 hrs/day. They have been a truly worthy investment, as the colour and life they bring to my favorite music is beyond words. I also greatly enjoy plugging other people in so they can have a brief experience. Downloaded some Thin Lizzy for a kid who works at my little grocery store. He listened for 20 sec, commented on just how much more he was hearing, then gave a truly genuine "Thank you." It's a lot of fun generating those moments for people through something as simple as letting them hear their favorite music in a way they never imagined existed.

"Clay" is the Goldfrapp song that moves me more than any other. Hearing it through Mojo/Vega, I could feel it moving through my heart and was sure I might die upon listening. Then, the vinyl? Surely, I'll explode. I did not, thankfully, which means I can continue to experience Goldfrapp as I save up to expand my system. She's going to be in town this Sept and I'm super excited for that.

That's that magic of the Vega. I like hearing about that.

I just got into Goldfrapp this year after purchasing Silver Eye. I was checking out tales of us after you mentioned it and Jo's melody has been in my head all week cuz of it.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet on that album sometime in the future cuz I can hear the emotion that I know the Vega is going to immerse me with once I hook it up to my Rig. That's what I love about it. It brings out the essence of the music so well and when you have an artist like Goldfrapp who knows how to evoke emotion just right it's so fluid and effortless.

And you have the Mojo... Must be dreamy:darthsmile:

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #4,022 of 5,394
That's that magic of the Vega. I like hearing about that.

I just got into Goldfrapp this year after purchasing Silver Eye. I was checking out tales of us after you mentioned it and Jo's melody has been in my head all week cuz of it.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet on that album sometime in the future cuz I can hear the emotion that I know the Vega is going to immerse me with once I hook it up to my Rig. That's what I love about it. It brings out the essence of the music so well and when you have an artist like Goldfrapp who knows how to evoke emotion just right it's so fluid and effortless.

And you have the Mojo... Must be dreamy:darthsmile:

I was borrowing the Mojo, so it was a short-lived dream. Will have one, one of these days.

Yes, Tales of Us will be a very worthy purchase. It is the album that I'll save & spend as much money as necessary in order to experience more fully than I already do. Thankfully, Vega will be with me the entire way. Yeah, Jo's melody is completely captivating. Here are a few of my gumdrop moments from different songs. Am curious to see if you hear them and/or if they resonate for you like they do me.

Jo - The melody of the first and every other line. The way it climbs upward just makes me want to go back and hear it over and over.
Annabel - Aside from the intense clarity of Goldfrapp's voice, there's a slight sound that comes in behind the clear guitar notes. Slightly metallic and somewhat springy in nature. Definitely requires good equipment to hear it.
Drew - What's not to like about this song? As the song builds to its climax, around 3:10, the guitarist starts strumming. On the 2nd measure of 8 counts, he fans his fingers and you can hear each string plucked distinctly. It repeats every 4 measures for the rest of the song. I didn't hear that bit until about 3 months in on that album... listening to it in its entirety at least once each day.
Ulla - At about 1:00, the cello starts a very long, beautiful, and slowly descending passage. It ends with a few notes so deep and long that I can almost feel the vibration of the cello's body.
Alvar - So much to love about this one. The soft percussion really does me in. It's spacious and the drummer isn't hitting the same part of the drum over and over, so the hits feel as if they're moving around. Very noticeable as the song builds for its finale at 3:35.
Thea - The flourishes alone make me happy. At 1:28, just before the drum machines kick in, the flourishes have a quality that sounds so 3 dimensional. It's only in that one small bit for me, and I only hear its magic on certain occasions.
Simone - Aside from "Daylight trickles in, on your tremulous skin" (I mean... who uses "tremulous" these days? LOL), at 2:50 a single string pluck enters the fray and the entire song lingers on its notes through to the very end. And they give that final note its proper attention all the way through. It's like they let each track go on so long as to capture the last possible bit of sound.
Sranger & Laurel - I like them, but they don't really have gumdrops for me... yet.
Clay - Just sonic perfection. Its progressive nature, but in classical sounds. Trying to find the moment where the synth kicks in behind the strings. The flourish of strings, amongst all the layers, as the final chorus starts. The lyrics in general. The story behind the lyrics. The love letter behind the story. This song moves me like none other.
Lee (from the deluxe version) - at 0:58 there's a synth sound that comes in and "lands" right into her next lyric. I don't think it appears anywhere else in the song and it's just so perfect where it is.

What I find funny about an album that doesn't have a single superfluous note is how much of their musical detail there is to be explored. And, it can only be done on great equipment. Hearing nails as they hit guitar strings. The tambourine (or equivalent) having slightly different hit noises. All kinds of crazy little details, and so many more to explore. Vega is a perfect compliment to this album. Looking forward to not struggling so much financially, one of these days, so I can get a sexy DAC and tube amp to really emphasize the lush, warmth of those IEMs.

HDtracks has a 24/96 version, and I highly recommend that resolution for this album. So much velvet in her voice. I'm sure you'll appreciate their entire body of work. I just recently found the joy that is Black Cherry. Got some real nice tracks on it. I'm a particular fan of Hairy Trees.

A few days ago, I finally started listening to Shpongle. Yet again, the Vega impresses. Two straight days of listening to those albums and I'll spend many more feeling out all the different details.

Anyway, my apologies for hijacking a hardware thread to wax emotional about an album/artist. It's hard to find like minded audiophiles re: Goldrapp. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss them and/or sound some more.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #4,026 of 5,394
Ok!! Will definitely do so!!

I have a huge likening for intimate IEMs so hoping for some goodness!

It's finally getting the praise it deserves a people are waking up to the "lesser" DD model in the Campfire range. I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #4,027 of 5,394
It's finally getting the praise it deserves a people are waking up to the "lesser" DD model in the Campfire range. I think you will be very happy with your purchase.
Yeah I just came back from Tokyo and Osaka from business trip.

I was at E earphone store.
I sampled Lyra 2 and Andromeda. Omg I had 3 guys asked me how I liked them
Andromeda soundstage is amazing. But I keep reaching for Lyra 2.

After much debate in my echo chamber on plane back to U.S. i purchased the Lyra 2.

I could not find any post in this thread easily on Lyra 2. But bought it anyways lol.
:k701smile: hey Jackpot I believe I read your reviews on these IEMs too

Jul 18, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #4,028 of 5,394
I was borrowing the Mojo, so it was a short-lived dream. Will have one, one of these days.

Yes, Tales of Us will be a very worthy purchase. It is the album that I'll save & spend as much money as necessary in order to experience more fully than I already do. Thankfully, Vega will be with me the entire way. Yeah, Jo's melody is completely captivating. Here are a few of my gumdrop moments from different songs. Am curious to see if you hear them and/or if they resonate for you like they do me.

Jo - The melody of the first and every other line. The way it climbs upward just makes me want to go back and hear it over and over.
Annabel - Aside from the intense clarity of Goldfrapp's voice, there's a slight sound that comes in behind the clear guitar notes. Slightly metallic and somewhat springy in nature. Definitely requires good equipment to hear it.
Drew - What's not to like about this song? As the song builds to its climax, around 3:10, the guitarist starts strumming. On the 2nd measure of 8 counts, he fans his fingers and you can hear each string plucked distinctly. It repeats every 4 measures for the rest of the song. I didn't hear that bit until about 3 months in on that album... listening to it in its entirety at least once each day.
Ulla - At about 1:00, the cello starts a very long, beautiful, and slowly descending passage. It ends with a few notes so deep and long that I can almost feel the vibration of the cello's body.
Alvar - So much to love about this one. The soft percussion really does me in. It's spacious and the drummer isn't hitting the same part of the drum over and over, so the hits feel as if they're moving around. Very noticeable as the song builds for its finale at 3:35.
Thea - The flourishes alone make me happy. At 1:28, just before the drum machines kick in, the flourishes have a quality that sounds so 3 dimensional. It's only in that one small bit for me, and I only hear its magic on certain occasions.
Simone - Aside from "Daylight trickles in, on your tremulous skin" (I mean... who uses "tremulous" these days? LOL), at 2:50 a single string pluck enters the fray and the entire song lingers on its notes through to the very end. And they give that final note its proper attention all the way through. It's like they let each track go on so long as to capture the last possible bit of sound.
Sranger & Laurel - I like them, but they don't really have gumdrops for me... yet.
Clay - Just sonic perfection. Its progressive nature, but in classical sounds. Trying to find the moment where the synth kicks in behind the strings. The flourish of strings, amongst all the layers, as the final chorus starts. The lyrics in general. The story behind the lyrics. The love letter behind the story. This song moves me like none other.
Lee (from the deluxe version) - at 0:58 there's a synth sound that comes in and "lands" right into her next lyric. I don't think it appears anywhere else in the song and it's just so perfect where it is.

What I find funny about an album that doesn't have a single superfluous note is how much of their musical detail there is to be explored. And, it can only be done on great equipment. Hearing nails as they hit guitar strings. The tambourine (or equivalent) having slightly different hit noises. All kinds of crazy little details, and so many more to explore. Vega is a perfect compliment to this album. Looking forward to not struggling so much financially, one of these days, so I can get a sexy DAC and tube amp to really emphasize the lush, warmth of those IEMs.

HDtracks has a 24/96 version, and I highly recommend that resolution for this album. So much velvet in her voice. I'm sure you'll appreciate their entire body of work. I just recently found the joy that is Black Cherry. Got some real nice tracks on it. I'm a particular fan of Hairy Trees.

A few days ago, I finally started listening to Shpongle. Yet again, the Vega impresses. Two straight days of listening to those albums and I'll spend many more feeling out all the different details.

Anyway, my apologies for hijacking a hardware thread to wax emotional about an album/artist. It's hard to find like minded audiophiles re: Goldrapp. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss them and/or sound some more.

OMG... This album is up on my buy list now. I really liker he work and how she can deliver her own form of pop music, but this one does have something special to it. Exactly like you say, no note is waisted and it goes beyond anything generic that isn't obvious all at once because of the way it's all put together but you do no it's there by your first song in.

It was definitely a hijacking that was well worth it. That's what the Vega does to the listener. And it scales up so well with sources. At least you got to listen to it on one of the best sources out there with the Mojo and experience that essence it provides at that level. I am not that great of a guitarist but i love the feel of being able to play a blues boogie or any song at that and jam on whatever I'm feeling. And I honestly haven't had that emotional connection to music since I heard the Vega.

And trust me I've hijacked this thread plenty of times. Keep it coming. So good to hear others experiencing this. It's like you want to share the experience with others, but that's difficult so the next best thing is hearing other's reactions like yours whom the Vega hits home with:).

So happy for you!!

I'm always interested in good female pop vocals and new artists like that!

And here....

http://echoes.org/2017/07/04/tuesday-july-18th-2017-goldfrapp-interview/

Goldfrapp interview on echoes.org. This is basically the source of 80% of my music lol and where I found Goldfrapp. Popped up on my facebook feed. She's doing well, that's for sure.

Hey all! I know I'm nowhere near any of your lineup on Andromeda and Vega.

But I got a mini vega being shipped.
Lyra 2 should be arriving soon!

Well it's about gosh darn time you found your way over to something worthwhile. Every Campfire Audio IEM has its own unique character and the Lyra II from what I have heard is a hidden gem. It's one of the more generally agreeable sound signatures, too.

Looking forward to your impressions:smile_phones:.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #4,029 of 5,394
OMG... This album is up on my buy list now. I really liker he work and how she can deliver her own form of pop music, but this one does have something special to it. Exactly like you say, no note is waisted and it goes beyond anything generic that isn't obvious all at once because of the way it's all put together but you do no it's there by your first song in.

It was definitely a hijacking that was well worth it. That's what the Vega does to the listener. And it scales up so well with sources. At least you got to listen to it on one of the best sources out there with the Mojo and experience that essence it provides at that level. I am not that great of a guitarist but i love the feel of being able to play a blues boogie or any song at that and jam on whatever I'm feeling. And I honestly haven't had that emotional connection to music since I heard the Vega.

And trust me I've hijacked this thread plenty of times. Keep it coming. So good to hear others experiencing this. It's like you want to share the experience with others, but that's difficult so the next best thing is hearing other's reactions like yours whom the Vega hits home with:).

So happy for you!!

I'm always interested in good female pop vocals and new artists like that!

And here....

http://echoes.org/2017/07/04/tuesday-july-18th-2017-goldfrapp-interview/

Goldfrapp interview on echoes.org. This is basically the source of 80% of my music lol and where I found Goldfrapp. Popped up on my facebook feed. She's doing well, that's for sure.

Well it's about gosh darn time you found your way over to something worthwhile. Every Campfire Audio IEM has its own unique character and the Lyra II from what I have heard is a hidden gem. It's one of the more generally agreeable sound signatures, too.

Looking forward to your impressions:smile_phones:.
Hey! Its nice to see you from trinity thread. Yeah I wanted to take my first step away from budget iems. I felt the more I collected. The more add up that you could spend higher.

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #4,030 of 5,394
Yeah I just came back from Tokyo and Osaka from business trip.

I was at E earphone store.
I sampled Lyra 2 and Andromeda. Omg I had 3 guys asked me how I liked them
Andromeda soundstage is amazing. But I keep reaching for Lyra 2.

After much debate in my echo chamber on plane back to U.S. i purchased the Lyra 2.

I could not find any post in this thread easily on Lyra 2. But bought it anyways lol.
:k701smile: hey Jackpot I believe I read your reviews on these IEMs too

Hey I'm glad you decided on the Lyra II, congrats!

Jul 18, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #4,031 of 5,394
Hey I'm glad you decided on the Lyra II, congrats!
Whoa SeeSax, these just lyrally just grind my chi-fi iems to dust.... it's like you driving and the only thing left of them is in the rearview mirror.
I'm listening to Chris Stapleton's From a Room album and Goldfrapp's Silver Eye album and they are just taking me to space right now lol.
20170718_124445.jpg

Jul 18, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #4,032 of 5,394
Whoa SeeSax, these just lyrally just grind my chi-fi iems to dust.... it's like you driving and the only thing left of them is in the rearview mirror.
I'm listening to Chris Stapleton's From a Room album and Goldfrapp's Silver Eye album and they are just taking me to space right now lol.
Awesome! Pay attention to how the sound signature changes over the 150 hours they take to burn in.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #4,034 of 5,394
Does anyone know how the Vega pairs with the Lotoo Paw Gold Diana?

Jul 20, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #4,035 of 5,394
Does anyone know how the Vega pairs with the Lotoo Paw Gold Diana?
I don't have any experience with lotoo ,but I suggest
DX200 ,excellent pair .cheaper and better UI, In the future it is possible realize Amp 3 or 4.... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back