Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 30, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #3,407 of 5,394
That site is not an official campfire retailer and many people advise not to buy from there.

That's a shame .......doubt they would be counterfeit though ?
The Austrian site adds quite a bit to the price with the exchange rate.
Could wait ....save more cash and go for a higher model :)

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #3,408 of 5,394
That's a shame .......doubt they would be counterfeit though ?
The Austrian site adds quite a bit to the price with the exchange rate.
Could wait ....save more cash and go for a higher model :)

Don't believe in counterfeit units either. If you can pay via PayPal, you should be relatively save. Except they send you a something else and insist on having sent you the correct item. Try to prove that! Aaaaaand in case everything is going fine, there still is no warranty from the manufacturer. And with such an expensive item, you want warranty.

Oh right, forgot the exchange rate. Well, the main problem is the import tax. If you order your stuff from campfire directly, the import tax will make it just as expensive for you. That's the dilemma with basically everything coming from the US (see what US-made knives cost here in comparison to there! Madness!).

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #3,409 of 5,394
Don't believe in counterfeit units either. If you can pay via PayPal, you should be relatively save. Except they send you a something else and insist on having sent you the correct item. Try to prove that! Aaaaaand in case everything is going fine, there still is no warranty from the manufacturer. And with such an expensive item, you want warranty.

Oh right, forgot the exchange rate. Well, the main problem is the import tax. If you order your stuff from campfire directly, the import tax will make it just as expensive for you. That's the dilemma with basically everything coming from the US (see what US-made knives cost here in comparison to there! Madness!).

Yeah the import tax, exchange rate etc all adds to the cost right now.
I assumed there would be a waltranty if bought off that site, so yep that would stop me buying I think

However there might never be a UK distributor........dilemma :grinning:

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #3,410 of 5,394
I just decided to purchase a pair of Lyra IIs. I was hesitating because I had missed the MassDrop deal and the retail on them is $699 USD. Then I saw them online here in Canada for $699 CAD (which - given the exchange rate - is about 30% cheaper than the US price). So I pulled the trigger and bought them. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get to try them, though. Can't wait.

After purchasing a pair of IEMs a couple of weeks ago (Focal Sphears and RHA T20s), I wanted to try something from Campfire Audio and I also want to try using balanced cables on my Fiio X5iii.

Aside from the ALO Litz 2.5mm balanced cable, are there any others in the same price range worth considering?

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #3,411 of 5,394
Hmmm. I wonder if CA will offer show discounts at Canjam SoCal next weekend. If so I'm walking out of there with Vega and that reference 8 cable.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #3,412 of 5,394
  I just decided to purchase a pair of Lyra IIs. I was hesitating because I had missed the MassDrop deal and the retail on them is $699 USD. Then I saw them online here in Canada for $699 CAD (which - given the exchange rate - is about 30% cheaper than the US price). So I pulled the trigger and bought them. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get to try them, though. Can't wait.

After purchasing a pair of IEMs a couple of weeks ago (Focal Sphears and RHA T20s), I wanted to try something from Campfire Audio and I also want to try using balanced cables on my Fiio X5iii.

Aside from the ALO Litz 2.5mm balanced cable, are there any others in the same price range worth considering?

I'm guessing you bought yours from the Headphone Bar. I did the same thing except I didn't have to wait very long as I bought them before they were out of stock :)

I have only used them for 3 days so far, but early impressions are they are a fun set! Though I should warn you that these earphones are very source dependent and can sound veiled. This can be remedied with some EQ and I've had much success with a V-shape signature, which really make these in-ears sing!

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #3,413 of 5,394
hi fellow vega owner here and looking to upgrade my cable to either the effect audio leonidas or the plussound x8 gps.  any fellow head-fiers have any experience with these combos? looking to expand the soundstage and increase the extension and clarity of the highs. 

thanks!

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #3,415 of 5,394
Yeah the import tax, exchange rate etc all adds to the cost right now.
I assumed there would be a waltranty if bought off that site, so yep that would stop me buying I think

However there might never be a UK distributor........dilemma :grinning:

I had the same issue. I really liked Campfire Audio's line, but no possibility to demo (even here in London) and import tax kept me from buying them.

I also came across eglobalcentral, but quickly learned they're not a great place to shop. Should I ever decide I still want to try the Andromeda or Vega, I will simply order directly from them and suck up the import tax. It is expensive, but they would still be good value for money in my opinion and I love the build quality, so they should last. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #3,416 of 5,394
I had the same issue. I really liked Campfire Audio's line, but no possibility to demo (even here in London) and import tax kept me from buying them.

I also came across eglobalcentral, but quickly learned they're not a great place to shop. Should I ever decide I still want to try the Andromeda or Vega, I will simply order directly from them and suck up the import tax. It is expensive, but they would still be good value for money in my opinion and I love the build quality, so they should last. 

Yeah I have come to the same conclusion , I won't be using them after reading about them
You want to live up in Newcastle my friend, can't audition anything :grinning:

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #3,418 of 5,394

Just sayin:
https://www.campfireaudio.com/unauthorized-sale-of-campfire-audio-earphones/

Yeah I have already decided not to use them and thats just cemented that....thanks for sharing.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #3,419 of 5,394
I have the AK300 and it apparently really benefits from using the Balanced option.......can i get a balanced cable if i do decide to  go for a Campfire (probably Lyra 2 for now).

I am fairly new to all of this and the options are mind blowing. Started with a shortlist and ended up with a long list after reading and reading
wink_face.gif

But the Campfires really stand out.......just a bugger to get here in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back