Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Feb 25, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,897 of 5,394

I eq everything, so the answer is yes for me. Again, that's a yes for everything because I eq everything, doesn't mean the Vegas, or anything else I own is lacking.
You definitely did. Vegas are phenomenal. Almost done with abing for now... Not fun.

I think I forgot to ask this question. I'm assuming the EX800st has a far wider stage than the Vega but do you see that as a major downside to Vega or are the differences negligible? I'm not expecting the Vega to sound too wide but everything in my IEM lineup is pretty wide right now. I just hope I'm not turned off by an intimate soundstage :/

Still waiting on my Vega. It took ALO over a week to ship them out. Still have to wait another 10 to 14 days for them to get over here.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #2,899 of 5,394
  I think I forgot to ask this question. I'm assuming the EX800st has a far wider stage than the Vega but do you see that as a major downside to Vega or are the differences negligible? I'm not expecting the Vega to sound too wide but everything in my IEM lineup is pretty wide right now. I just hope I'm not turned off by an intimate soundstage :/

Still waiting on my Vega. It took ALO over a week to ship them out. Still have to wait another 10 to 14 days for them to get over here.

Definitely worth the wait man. Been listening constantly since I got them on the 20th and have loved every second of it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,901 of 5,394
I'd have to ab them, but to he honest I think the difference is negligible, especially since I have my ex800st taped. Good luck on the wait... Hate waiting.

Definitely worth the wait man. Been listening constantly since I got them on the 20th and have loved every second of it.

The vega sounstage is intimate but the depth and height of the stage produce excellent layering and distinctive identification of instruments and vocals; there's no blending.

This is all reassuring. Thanks for the feedback guys. I can't wait to hear these bad boys!

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #2,904 of 5,394
Confidence is growing... 
popcorn.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #2,906 of 5,394
Feb 25, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #2,907 of 5,394

Confidence is growing... 
popcorn.gif

Absolutely no downside with the Vega's IMHO. Cheers

Seamon's Vegas are waiting for me in the mail truck across the street, looking forward to first listen.

That said, was curious what happened with the sibilance talk from back in Dec (James/et al., some head-fiers I really respect, which initially turned me off).  I'm hoping it's nothing like it was the GR07 I had many years ago, which I enjoyed but was certainly an acquired taste.  I'll be running it out of the Mojo and would prefer to not use foamies.  I've been using the Andromedas for a couple months now and enjoy them quite a bit, don't find them fatiguing in the least.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #2,908 of 5,394

Seamon's Vegas are waiting for me in the mail truck across the street, looking forward to first listen.

That said, was curious what happened with the sibilance talk from back in Dec (James/et al., some head-fiers I really respect, which initially turned me off).  I'm hoping it's nothing like it was the GR07 I had many years ago, which I enjoyed but was certainly an acquired taste.  I'll be running it out of the Mojo and would prefer to not use foamies.  I've been using the Andromedas for a couple months now and enjoy them quite a bit, don't find them fatiguing in the least.

What do you use instead of foamies? I am trying to find the right tips for my Vegas currently

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #2,909 of 5,394

Was anyone successful at finding someone to build custom tips for the Vegas? I'd be interested in something like that. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,910 of 5,394
Was anyone successful at finding someone to build custom tips for the Vegas? I'd be interested in something like that. 

I believe someone earlier in the thread said they had ACS custom sleeves that fit the Vega, though they weren't originally made for it. You may wanna search the thread to find it. Maybe back a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back