Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Feb 11, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #2,656 of 5,394
  I picked up the Andromedas recently and should have them in in a few days, although after reading all the reviews and comments here I feel like the Vega might be more of my style iem, I listen almost exclusively to EDM so I do like my bass alot. Does anyone have an opinion on them both that listens to EDM alot or a comparison with the dorado, vega, and andros? I hope that I might be able to trade the andros for some vegas if I don't like the signature that much.

I primarily listen to EDM and the bass is plenty satisfying- you're probably right about the Vega suiting your preferences more. I've read that the Andromeda doesn't have the visceral impact of a DD but still sounds full. I bet they will sound great, though! 

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #2,657 of 5,394

I primarily listen to EDM and the bass is plenty satisfying- you're probably right about the Vega suiting your preferences more. I've read that the Andromeda doesn't have the visceral impact of a DD but still sounds full. I bet they will sound great, though! 

I agree...

I thought the andromeda rocked it with EDM TBH.  If I could have two TOTL's it would be the andromeda and the Vega, cuz they are different enough to suit different tastes.  The balance of the andromeda favors the upper frequencies a bit more, but beautifully and in quite a presentation that worked really well with synthesizers.

But if you're big on Bass:  Vega.

Dorado was really good, too.  It's V-shaped, but I would have to say a conservative V-shape rather than the more exaggerated ones I have heard from other companies...  I thought the Dorado was honestly a safe sound signature, or in other words, very agreeable to a wide variety of preferences and with a well balanced bass and overall sound signature, but the Vega is a pretty large step up IMO.

If you have the money to move beyond the Dorado to the Vega, I'd say go for it.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #2,658 of 5,394
  i guess i'm getting at hearing health issues, too: i'm all for paying a bit more for similar technology if it's going to preserve and extend
my long term enjoyment of music listening...i already have some tinnitus...am sure i'm not alone on this concern.
anyway i emailed Campfire on this, asking them to weigh in....also if there is any rough release date for their over ear headphones.

It totally works...I'd suggest you read up on the ADEL technology. I play my Zeus R ADEL at almost half the volume of other IEMs and get an incredibly rich and full sound. Just spectacular sound. 

But that said, keep the volumes at reasonable levels and protect them ears. For universal IEMs, the Vegas are the real deal and have really, impressed me! I didn't think bass like this was possible from an in-ear monitor! Outstanding mids and extended treble that is never strident. 

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #2,659 of 5,394

I agree...

I thought the andromeda rocked it with EDM TBH.  If I could have two TOTL's it would be the andromeda and the Vega, cuz they are different enough to suit different tastes.  The balance of the andromeda favors the upper frequencies a bit more, but beautifully and in quite a presentation that worked really well with synthesizers.

But if you're big on Bass:  Vega.

Dorado was really good, too.  It's V-shaped, but I would have to say a conservative V-shape rather than the more exaggerated ones I have heard from other companies...  I thought the Dorado was honestly a safe sound signature, or in other words, very agreeable to a wide variety of preferences and with a well balanced bass and overall sound signature, but the Vega is a pretty large step up IMO.

If you have the money to move beyond the Dorado to the Vega, I'd say go for it.

I agree. Dorado felt like it does everything fine, nothing special.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #2,660 of 5,394
It totally works...I'd suggest you read up on the ADEL technology. I play my Zeus R ADEL at almost half the volume of other IEMs and get an incredibly rich and full sound. Just spectacular!

Pretty amazing...Playing lower volume is better for one's ears just by itself, let alone having that interesting Adel technology doing what it does.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #2,661 of 5,394

It totally works...I'd suggest you read up on the ADEL technology. I play my Zeus R ADEL at almost half the volume of other IEMs and get an incredibly rich and full sound. Just spectacular sound. 

But that said, keep the volumes at reasonable levels and protect them ears. For universal IEMs, the Vegas are the real deal and have really, impressed me! I didn't think bass like this was possible from an in-ear monitor! Outstanding mids and extended treble that is never strident. 

Yeah Vega is pretty impressive.  I actually wish Utopia had similar bass presence.  It's an awesome can, but there's something about Vega that can make the music feel lively.

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #2,662 of 5,394
Thank you for the comparisons. And on that wonderful note, might there be anyone interested in potentially swapping their vegas for some andromedas. obviously I will test them out first and really decide but I wanted to see if there was anyone potentially interested? I have a feeling the fit isn't going to work for me as my Novas are starting to cause my ears to be raw and pained.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2,663 of 5,394
Two full days with these and I am still just blown away by how great they sound. I expected it to take some time to at least adjust to the sound signature since I had been listening to the IT03 as my daily drivers for months, and even when I got the LZ A4, which I think are quite good, I had a hard time adjusting, to the point that I still pretty much exclusively used my IT03.

Two days with the vegas and I am hooked. Which is really good considering that first listen didnt wow me and considering how expensive they are. They are possibly some of the most comfortable IEMs I have owned, and the sound is just, well, all the detail I could possibly want, in a sound that is somehow balanced yet somehow also has huge bass, forward mids, and pretty sparkly airy treble (though not quite as crisp as my ba iems, which I am thinking is actually a good thing).

I am really not a fan of foam tips, always had problems getting good seals with them and I am just not a fan of having to replace tips on a somewhat regular basis. Started with spiral dots, but on tracks that were already sibilant, was finding them slightly too harsh. And I think as someone else had mentioned, I think the seal was just a little too good on them, the bass was possibly too boomy and I had some weird pressure issues that I could feel when I moved my head. Kind of hurt my head. Currently settled on the medium (maybe medium large, the red ones) spinfits. Dont know how the sound compares to foam (since I cant get a great seal) but I am not having any of the issues I was having with the spiral dots. I do have a pair of those interesting looking mandarines symbios hybrids on the way, and am hoping those will be even better.

I am a happy camper with these, and at least for the time being I find myself completely satisfied, which I hope means my wallet will be happier with me going forward.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #2,666 of 5,394
Ordered the Vega today to pair with my dx200.  Very excited 
L3000.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,667 of 5,394
Received the Vega today. Right out of the box, U12 with 75 ohm impedence adapter completely destroys the Vega in the mids and highs. 
That said, Vega bass and sub-bass is the best I have ever heard in anything and this is the only reason I keep going back to them. CA Dorado might be bassier but Vega has this unique physical prowess that's not present in any other IEM I have heard. If quality bass is what you desire, Vega destroys everything in the market so far.
My Vega will now go in for a burn in for a looooong time(brain burn in as well as DD burn in) and let's see how the sound improves.

Edit: Take this comparison with 2 buckets of salt. I have been listening to the U12 for weeks now and my brain has grown accustomed to their sound. Vega also requires a high burn in time(200 hr) after which the sound improves. After brain burn in and DD burn, anything can happen.

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #2,669 of 5,394
I can't wait to hear my Vegas with my dx200 and my Sony 1z!! Good times.

Actually, I have been thinking about DX200 for Vega and A12. I heard it has less bass, is that true?

Edit: Meanwhile after 2 hours of burn in, I am really liking the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back