Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 23, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #2,206 of 5,394
I would hate for someone who's considering the Vega to read the last couple pages and get cold feet.

I personally hear no sibilance (I only use foam) and they are well worth the money; relatively speaking.

I don't think that was anyone's intention. It was merely a discussion of our subjective impressions of this fine IEM. Nothing's perfect...

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #2,207 of 5,394
  This. Last couple pages was extreme nit-picking of an almost perfect product for its price.

You sold and want to re-buy one. That says something. :) 

My Vega was sold for asking price and shipped out this morning and I already miss that bass. 

I will say, the U12 is by far my favorite IEM so far. It's out of this world fantastic. Bar none, incredible. 0 flaws to my ears.

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #2,208 of 5,394
I don't think that was anyone's intention. It was merely a discussion of our subjective impressions of this fine IEM. Nothing's perfect...

I don't think it was either.

The reason I posted this is because I live in the middle of Africa and have no way of trying these out before buying. I read page after page of people talking about the Vega and decided it was what I was looking for.

Now I have them and think they are near perfect for me. If I had read this full thread before buying I might have held off.

I totally respect the subjective impressions and welcome them; I wanted to simply remind people.

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #2,209 of 5,394
  But like James previously said, these aren't sibilance monsters. Highlighting the issue makes it seem as a bigger problem than it is, at least in my opinion. For me, there's some occasional sibilance, but nowhere near enough to be off-putting or to dissuade me from listening to them.

My opinion as well.

On a side note, as some have already mentioned, Vega seems to improve with increased power. To my ears, when plugged into my Cv5 amp in high-gain mode, Vega becomes tighter and more controlled. Bass intensity subsides but sounds more detailed, refined, and defined. Mids seem to come forward just a bit more, and highs become tamer and smoother.

I will say, the U12 is by far my favorite IEM so far. It's out of this world fantastic. Bar none, incredible. 0 flaws to my ears.

I find the combination of laid-back tuning and ADEL tech makes for a easy (non-fatiguing) listening experience. I'd like to see more companies integrate ADEL into their IEMs.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,210 of 5,394

My opinion as well.

On a side note, as some have already mentioned, Vega seems to improve with increased power. To my ears, when plugged into my Cv5 amp in high-gain mode, Vega becomes tighter and more controlled. Bass intensity subsides but sounds more detailed, refined, and defined. Mids seem to come forward just a bit more, and highs become tamer and smoother.

I find the combination of laid-back tuning and ADEL tech makes for a easy listening experience. I'd like to see more companies integrate ADEL into their IEMs.

Vega and CV5 is a very very good combo.  Congrats.  

With regard to U12, I sold my U12 and purchased the Vega.  U12 is a very nice phone except it doesn't sparkle and you cannot make it to, I even bought a sliver cable to brighten it up (Therium 8 Cores litz), it has a early roll of in the treble and after awhile the darkness tends to drag me down.  Like Seamon, When I listen to music, I need to feel like I am being "Roasted" 
blink.gif
  If I want easy listening, I'll go to my 380 cu+ Andro once in awhile and get a fresh breath of AIR. Easy listening sometimes is like elevator music, they are sort of there but do not require my active listening, I don't deduce as much enjoyment from that kind of listening, they are kind of like background music and at times feels like background noise.

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #2,211 of 5,394
^"Roasted" is more like the feeling of fire burning within you. It's great when you need the energy and confidence to do something like listening to music just before a stage performance. It's bad(outright annoying and tedious) when you want to relax on a 20 hour long flight.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #2,212 of 5,394
  ^"Roasted" is more like the feeling of fire burning within you. It's great when you need the energy and confidence to do something like listening to music just before a stage performance. It's bad(outright annoying and tedious) when you want to relax on a 20 hour long flight.

I do that transpacific flight six to eight times a year for many years and I can tell you that when you are in that kind of a long boring, monotonous, confining flight, especially when you happen to sit next to someone you do not care to even look at and the same is true with the female flight attendants, you either want to take some ambien and sleep through the ordeal or you want to be totally immersed deeply in some music that you are like transported out of the predicament that you are in. At that moment, easy listening will not do, it has to be much stronger than that, it has to be able to grab your attention and take it away.  

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #2,213 of 5,394
  I do that transpacific flight six to eight times a year for many years and I can tell you that when you are in that kind of a long boring, monotonous, confining flight, especially when you happen to sit next to someone you do not care to even look at and the same is true with the female flight attendants, you either want to take some ambien and sleep through the ordeal or you want to be totally immersed deeply in some music that you are like transported out of the predicament that you are in. At that moment, easy listening will not do, it has to be much stronger than that, it has to be able to grab your attention and take it away.  

To each their own. Cheers

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #2,214 of 5,394

You sold and want to re-buy one. That says something. :) 

My Vega was sold for asking price and shipped out this morning and I already miss that bass. 

I will say, the U12 is by far my favorite IEM so far. It's out of this world fantastic. Bar none, incredible. 0 flaws to my ears

I really wish that the U12 bass have a little more impact.  They are  almost perfect to me, best Vocal, great sound stage and instruments placment , but I sold them already because their bass (less impact than even the V6stage bass to my ear). I own the Vega now, but I still would say that I still havn't found my dream iems. The andro comes close to my ideal iems but it still lacks the Magic vocal of the U12.   

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #2,215 of 5,394
  I really wish that the U12 bass have a little more impact.  They are  almost perfect to me, best Vocal, great sound stage and instruments placment , but I sold them already because their bass (less impact than even the V6stage bass to my ear). I own the Vega now, but I still would say that I still havn't found my dream iems. The andro comes close to my ideal iems but it still lacks the Magic vocal of the U12.   

Did you try the G1 module+silver cables on the U12. This is as close to Vega bass as you'll get on the U12.

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #2,217 of 5,394
My Vega came with some minor scratches which is surprising because one, the liquid metal housings are supposed be very hard, and two, those were there from the beginning.

Is this normal ?
maybe refurbished?

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,218 of 5,394
maybe refurbished?

I don't think so because I was not told that way.

However, slight doubt is there because I could buy it at discount price...  through official Japanese retailer but not sure what has really been going on.

May be I should consider those were actually refurbished, if, such scratched units are by no means normal and this is happening only to myself.

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #2,219 of 5,394

I don't think so because I was not told that way.

However, slight doubt is there because I could buy it at discount price...  through official Japanese retailer but not sure what has really been going on.

May be I should consider those were actually refurbished, if, such scratched units are by no means normal and this is happening only to myself.

The Vega was never discounted, if you bought at a discount then you either got a returned item or a demo unit.

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2,220 of 5,394
  The Vega was never discounted, if you bought at a discount then you either got a returned item or a demo unit.

Thank you.

I do understand that CA at least in their own website never gave a discount.

Not sure how that would relate to retailers' pricing though.

The one I bought from is a big retailer and they frequently offer discount for many other brands as well.

It is quite hard to believe if all of that is actually refurbished... (usually they sell refurbished items separately, with proper indication).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back