Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #783 of 5,394
To be clear, the Vega has soundstage. The Andromeda just has more soundstage. It's not like the Vega's soundstage is completely collapsed.

By the way, @expatinjapan, I appreciate you explaining further what you meant by air and I agree that the Vega has it.

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #787 of 5,394
Just realized that to me the IEM is a perfect name for the Vega's, insomuch as they truly are "monitors" - showing you the music just as it was recorded. The resolution and impact is superb IMHO. I've found so many fine details and nuances that other IEM's didn't resolve, including the Dorado's (although they did some of this as well).

However, I could see that there is a potential downside to this clarity. If you just want to enjoy the music and have it more in the background, having it be "fun" but not super-involving, then the Vega's might not be your cup-o'-joe. The Vega's almost demand your attention, and can be distracting to a degree when they show you things you never noticed before in your music. They act as a super-clear window into the music, but not everyone wants to see everything. They're not really for the faint of heart or the easy-listeners out there. And I'm not joking here - there are other IEM's that are "easier" to listen to. Ken told me at the outset of this release that the Dorado's were the most "fun" and "easy" to listen to of the three new IEM's, and now I'm getting more of what he was saying. Lots of us crazy audiophiles will love the Vega's, but I can see some people finding them a bit "much". Still, you're going to have to pry mine out of my cold hands as they say...

Cheers

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #788 of 5,394
Playing around with EQ in uapp through mojo, this particular EQ sounds extremely clear and concise to my ears... is there a particular campfire IEM that would be naturally tuned to represent this kind of sound sig?

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #789 of 5,394
Also, I love bass but find it difficult to have bass that doesnt take away the clarity of the rest of the music. Ideally big bass but with as close to crystal clear close sounding vocals as possible would probably be my ideal preference. I listen to mainly rock and hip hop/rap. Campfire audio IEM's just look so awesome and seem to get alot of love

Nov 1, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #792 of 5,394
To be clear, the Vega has soundstage. The Andromeda just has more soundstage. It's not like the Vega's soundstage is completely collapsed.

By the way, @expatinjapan, I appreciate you explaining further what you meant by air and I agree that the Vega has it.

Thanks (and also to warrior1975).

I do get a bit more body and denseness If I try a deep insertion with the foam tips, but I find that uncomfortable after a time.

I might add my. Further explanation to the original post when I am by a computer.(EDIT: i could do it on my mobile device).

Today against CA recommendations I am using my JVC Spiral Tips (with the Vega) which give me the best and easiest seal overall.
Still a good sound, i havent pinpointed the major differences as of yet.

RE: EQ, I find the notion of EQing a $1000(+) pair of earphones to be a bit strange. It would surely means one has erred in their purchase choice, or choice of Dap/source?

Nov 1, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #794 of 5,394
I tried Spiral Dots – I hear clicking when I insert the earphones into my ear. With foam I would only occasionally hear a click, and only on my right side. Should I worry about the extra clicking with the Spiral Dots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back