Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Dec 25, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #5,296 of 5,394
I used an X-acto knife and a nail clipper. You have to cut through two layers of heat shrink. Take your time and make sure you have good lighting. Once that was removed, I just clipped the wire as close as possible. It's not perfectly clean but I didn't want to risk damage to the connector by trying to completely remove the wire. I took a bit of advice from headpie and twister6. This was also helpful but I didn't follow it step by step: https://www.headpie.net/2018/06/alo-audio-sxc-8-mod-like-surgeon.html

Good luck!
Thanks fellas!

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #5,297 of 5,394
Hello, has anyone had a chance to compare the Campfire Vega with Empire Bravado? Both are supposedly bass-oriented audiophile IEMS and I'd be interested in how the Bravado's stack up against the Vega's in terms of resolution, clarity, sound signature, and fit. Thanks very much.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #5,298 of 5,394
Has anyone in here managed to get proper custom adapters made for the Vega or Lyra II? I tried but they just don't cut it. The sound is muffled, they just used the same mold for making custom adapters for Shure and put them on the Vega. The port is NOT the same, the angles are not the same. The seal is nice and all, but the Vega protrude too much I want them to be more flush, seamless. It's terrible.

Dec 28, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #5,299 of 5,394
Hello, I have ordered custom tips for my Vega. I'm also not satisfied with the result, I have a perfect fit but the sound is muffled as you mention. I used my custom now with my Comets and with them, I have an amazing sound with a perfect fit. I also ordered custom tips for my Atlas and also there the result is amazing, great sound and amazing fit.

Jan 9, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #5,301 of 5,394
Hey guys, I've been listening to my Lyra II's for a couple weeks now and I'm enjoying the overall sound but sometimes it seems like the treble tends to get a bit hot (this usually happens when I use my silicone Final E tips)... are there any good silicone tips to tame that sibilance yet keep the depth and rumble of the (sub)bass? I love listening to the L2s with the Campfire foams but the foamies just get too uncomfortable for me after a while, any silicone tips that can give me a similar sound?... Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #5,303 of 5,394
What kind of audio player are you using? What resolution?

I’m just using my iPhone X and feeding the L2s through a dongle and DragonFly Black, for the sake of portability...

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #5,304 of 5,394
Screenshot_20190130-154401.png
Screenshot_20190130-154433.png

People seems to find spiral dots give a warmer sound :)

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #5,305 of 5,394
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #5,306 of 5,394
I had the Vegas for a few days and found them utterly enjoyable.

Being a dynamic driver headphone, they are very present in the lows. Bass extends deep and rumbles nicely.
But of course, this comes with a drop in the mids, as expected of a more V-tuned IEM. The mids are still there but you do get a feeling they are recessed.
The highs are great again; not extending endlessly into airy magic like the Andromedas, but nice and smooth with enough presence.

The Vegas are relaxing and musical, I find. Something with a bit more mid-presence and a bit more controlled bass might be more to liking, though.
So for the time being, I stick to my Andromedas

May 6, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #5,307 of 5,394
Anyone have the Vega and the Pinnacle P1?
I own the P1 and looking for an upgrade. Except for the bass, is this a huge step-up?

May 6, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #5,308 of 5,394
I own the P1 and looking for an upgrade. Except for the bass, is this a huge step-up?

I have the PX and had the Vega (now the Atlas) and they were technically superior over the P1. I still really enjoy my PX but they sound more forward in the upper mids since they dip in the mids a bit. The Vega's were more linear in the mids but pulled back a bit in the upper mids and then have that peak in 7-8k hz region so they can get a bit hot sometimes on certain tracks. If you can live with that or use foamies, they are a wonderful IEM with amazing speed, attack, and clarity. The P1 is fun and colored but they just lack the finer details of the Vega (especially their amount of sub bass and texture in the lows).

May 6, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #5,309 of 5,394

I've got a set of Vega's FS and I'm Canadian :) PM me if interested, they're amazing IEM's for basshead's, one of the best!

May 7, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #5,310 of 5,394
I've got a set of Vega's FS and I'm Canadian :) PM me if interested, they're amazing IEM's for basshead's, one of the best!

Interesting...

Are you open to a trade for a great pair of ZMF Eikon (Camphor wood)?
I just sent you a PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back