Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Mar 14, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #451 of 474
symbio w the new ones work perfect with the supermoon. and if you have the orange shells, look amazing too for a bonus

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #452 of 474
I am using SpinFit (I think 145)

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #453 of 474
My end all be all tips for most IEMs is the Spinfit W1s either small or medium depending on size of IEM stem. Work great with my Supermoons. Have tried and want to love the Symbio W. But they just don't like to stay in my ears. Am in the same camp with the stock Campfire marshmallow. I like the sound with the Supermoons, but the comfort over time can get a little hot / itchy. Can sound a tad boomy compared to my spinfits. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #454 of 474
Which tips are you guys using ?
I got them today and while the campfire marshmallow foam give me the best results in term of sound, the comfort is not great on long term
Tips like moondrop spring are super comfy (because of the shallow insertion hence less pressure or the shell in my ears ) but sound worse.
Divinus Velvet tips are incredible with the Supermoons.

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #455 of 474
My end all be all tips for most IEMs is the Spinfit W1s either small or medium depending on size of IEM stem. Work great with my Supermoons. Have tried and want to love the Symbio W. But they just don't like to stay in my ears. Am in the same camp with the stock Campfire marshmallow. I like the sound with the Supermoons, but the comfort over time can get a little hot / itchy. Can sound a tad boomy compared to my spinfits. Just my 2 cents.
Perhaps you may want to look into oval tips. Much closer to shape of ear canal. Comply has foam oval, and adv has silicone

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #456 of 474
I'm just wishing they would ship the Supermoon I ordered from Drop sooner... Delayed despite the 2 month wait from ordering.

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #457 of 474
For those looking to upgrade to a nice balanced 4.4 mm Time Stream Metal Series cable, Drop currently has this on sale. It's not available on Campfire's own site (at least not in the UK).

1710607784227.png

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #458 of 474
Actually you're right, it's just that I had received the Supermoon after the A8000, and in difference there was almost like a veil in the sound 😅 – and that was good, because the A8000 was much too cold for me.

Do you mean the supermoon sounded veiled in comparison? Does that mean the a8000 was sharper sounding, had faster transients and was more analytical?

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #459 of 474
For those looking to upgrade to a nice balanced 4.4 mm Time Stream Metal Series cable, Drop currently has this on sale. It's not available on Campfire's own site (at least not in the UK).

1710607784227.png
Sadly, this drop is now over. Guess I missed it. What do you think of the Thieaudio Oceania cable instead? Appears on sale now on the chifi sites...

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #460 of 474
Do you mean the supermoon sounded veiled in comparison? Does that mean the a8000 was sharper sounding, had faster transients and was more analytical?
But that was a really long time ago, a lot of time has passed 😅. But yes, it's actually how you wrote it, as I remember it. However, I still remember that Supermoon was a bit more resolving.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #461 of 474
typical dynamic vs planar.... one that slaps you in the face and the other punches you
imo A8000 and SM both give quite similar sound but how they're presented is slightly different.... like slap vs punch

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #462 of 474
1711554132402.png

Anyone know of any protective sleeves that are made for or fit the Supermoon? These are for IE900 and are fantastic for tossing them in a drawer and not worring about scratches over time.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #463 of 474
Regretting my decision to purchase them thru Drop. From Jan to 1st week of March, which they failed to deliver on, and were radio silent on until I sent them a bunch of messages to ask.. to a delay to 25 Mar, which has come and gone with no updates. Still waiting for a reply to my queries. The last email I had from them asked if I wanted a refund (subtle snub at me for not being patient?). What a great way to do business.

Am just amazed that they've opened up for a second run even when no one from the Jan Drop (that I know of) had received their Supermoon.. Drop issue or Campfire or both?

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #464 of 474
Regretting my decision to purchase them thru Drop. From Jan to 1st week of March, which they failed to deliver on, and were radio silent on until I sent them a bunch of messages to ask.. to a delay to 25 Mar, which has come and gone with no updates. Still waiting for a reply to my queries. The last email I had from them asked if I wanted a refund (subtle snub at me for not being patient?). What a great way to do business.

Am just amazed that they've opened up for a second run even when no one from the Jan Drop (that I know of) had received their Supermoon.. Drop issue or Campfire or both?
Sorry to hear that. I thankfully was able to go on a Classified ad yesterday and snag a pair from 2023 at a reasonable price. I was looking at Drop, but the estimated time was too long for me, so I went for second hand

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #465 of 474

Something is wrong. I ordered from the 2nd drop and received them within 2 weeks when the anticipated arrival was 1-2 months. Pleasant suprise obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back