Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #301 of 479
Hmmm I don't know this one, kinda mixed feeling for me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Supermoon.png
    Supermoon.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #302 of 479
Same place. Union.

I’m thinking of asking CFA to do my refit as an artist fit. Hoping that gives better isolation and a more secure fit…without sacrificing sound quality.
If the scans aren’t great even the artist fit won’t work well. I had my CIEMs done in the traditional fit and it didn’t really help.

I’ll definitely have to go back there for a traditional mold though.

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #303 of 479
anyone tried different cables for the Supermoon?

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #305 of 479
For someone such as myself who likes a exciting, v-shaped sound for genres such as hip-hop, r&b and electronic, would the Equinox be a better bet than the Supermoon (or other in the CFA range). In the past I have owned and enjoyed the Atlas, Vega 2020 and Solaris 2020, the latter of which was actually my favourite.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #306 of 479
For someone such as myself who likes a exciting, v-shaped sound for genres such as hip-hop, r&b and electronic, would the Equinox be a better bet than the Supermoon (or other in the CFA range). In the past I have owned and enjoyed the Atlas, Vega 2020 and Solaris 2020, the latter of which was actually my favourite.
I would also add the Dorado 2020 into the mix for consideration/audition.

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #307 of 479
If the scans aren’t great even the artist fit won’t work well. I had my CIEMs done in the traditional fit and it didn’t really help.

I’ll definitely have to go back there for a traditional mold though.
Got physical impressions made. Didn’t cost anything. Hopefully they’ll work out. Asking for artist fit this time…in Primordial Purple.

Dec 6, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #308 of 479
Got physical impressions made. Didn’t cost anything. Hopefully they’ll work out. Asking for artist fit this time…in Primordial Purple.
Looking forward to seeing it man!

That version looks sick

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #309 of 479

Congratulations on grabbing it in purple! Look forward to seeing what it looks like all said and done!

Dec 8, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #310 of 479
Rotating tips for Supermoon:

Symbio F: a hot treble even to the sibilance and a bit recessed sub-bass

Symbio W: Currently favorite, give more body to mid and reduce the treble sibilance

Final E: Thin mid, a bit too much bass

Spiral Dot: Neutral, but mid is also thin

Dec 9, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #311 of 479
Did anyone else's primordial order proceed beyond being processed?

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #312 of 479
Did anyone try the Ares S cable either 4 or 8 wire version with Supermoon?

Dec 18, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #313 of 479
No one post this? Universal and milky Supermoon, named Moonstone. Gotta say it looks a lot better than the gray one.(but I think black is still the best)
Anyone tried the Moonstone and compared it to the OG? Or what do you think about this edition? Compared to the Supermoon OG, this edition has a little more high and low-mid, what do you think?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #314 of 479
I have my Supermoon Universal now after a minor concern about it being lost en route :)

At the same time, I had a Xelanto 2 for demo and on a side by side comparison it was clear to me that the Supermoon was a superior IEM in terms of its clarity which made the X2 seem muddy in comparison. I enjoy bass-driven music and the SM may not be an EVO in that regard, but that is not to say that the bass is lacking its just less impactful, yet I find it to be very musical and engaging with all tracks I have thrown at it so far. I am ordering in some Comply T400 Isolation tips as I find it tames a slight treble peak.

I am pairing it with a SR25 MKII which I bought because its portability is important to me. That said, I cant help but wonder if I am not getting the best of what the Supermoon can offer and it is tempting me to go down the Cayin N8ii route.. With that in mind, would it be fair to say that a bright-sounding N8ii along with a silver cable might overall be a little TOO bright for the Supermoon? Each A&K I have heard to now sounds far more neutral to the Cayin N6ii I used to own (and love), and I prefer a lively, exciting sound but wonder if that combination would be just a little too much.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #315 of 479
I have my Supermoon Universal now after a minor concern about it being lost en route :)

At the same time, I had a Xelanto 2 for demo and on a side by side comparison it was clear to me that the Supermoon was a superior IEM in terms of its clarity which made the X2 seem muddy in comparison. I enjoy bass-driven music and the SM may not be an EVO in that regard, but that is not to say that the bass is lacking its just less impactful, yet I find it to be very musical and engaging with all tracks I have thrown at it so far. I am ordering in some Comply T400 Isolation tips as I find it tames a slight treble peak.

I am pairing it with a SR25 MKII which I bought because its portability is important to me. That said, I cant help but wonder if I am not getting the best of what the Supermoon can offer and it is tempting me to go down the Cayin N8ii route.. With that in mind, would it be fair to say that a bright-sounding N8ii along with a silver cable might overall be a little TOO bright for the Supermoon? Each A&K I have heard to now sounds far more neutral to the Cayin N6ii I used to own (and love), and I prefer a lively, exciting sound but wonder if that combination would be just a little too much.

At least it wasn't like this poor guy.

tdz2kzqirdo71.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back