Campfire Audio - Satsuma and Honeydew
Aug 9, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #196 of 278

... **** it. Ordering the Qudelix 5k later today. Unfortunately gonna have to import it from the US, but at least Amazon ships it here.

Gonna have to keep an eye on your quest for a fun-tuned IEM, though! Give me more reasons to spend money. More! MORE!!

edit: I wonder if I should buy a cheapo Android phone for streaming, too. I haven't really looked into BT streaming, but I think iPhones only support some mediocre BT codec for some reason? AAC or something. Wonder if that would make a noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #197 of 278
... **** it. Ordering the Qudelix 5k later today. Unfortunately gonna have to import it from the US, but at least Amazon ships it here.

Gonna have to keep an eye on your quest for a fun-tuned IEM, though! Give me more reasons to spend money. More! MORE!!

edit: I wonder if I should buy a cheapo Android phone for streaming, too. I haven't really looked into BT streaming, but I think iPhones only support some mediocre BT codec for some reason? AAC or something. Wonder if that would make a noticeable difference.
This is how it all starts... A few innocent relatively cheap purchases, then before you know it, you have spent $10k and are still searching for that next great thing that in reality is probably not actually any better and really only slightly different.

As they say, welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.

Aug 9, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #198 of 278

Not a bad idea. Yes, AAC is the best iPhones can do, but it's a pretty good implementation. You don't have to go too spendy for a good phone. The Pixel 3A should do the trick perfectly; I keep one around as a backup/bench testing device.

As for the next IEM, we'll see what Audio46 sends. Gave them a list a while ago of stuff I was interested in testing and told them to surprise me. I know some of Kinera's stuff is in there.
This is how it all starts... A few innocent relatively cheap purchases, then before you know it, you have spent $10k and are still searching for that next great thing that in reality is probably not actually any better and really only slightly different.
Can confirm. That was me this year and this year it was earbuds.

Aug 9, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #199 of 278
Not a bad idea. Yes, AAC is the best iPhones can do, but it's a pretty good implementation. You don't have to go too spendy for a good phone. The Pixel 3A should do the trick perfectly; I keep one around as a backup/bench testing device.

Nice. I believe Google doesn't officially sell the Pixel phones around here which would explain why I'm seeing some potentially-legit-but-maybe-not shops selling it for a completely absurd price of 1300 euros, but it looks like Sony's Xperia phones go pretty low, at least. Especially used.

I'll have to look into that later in the month. I've definitely bought enough stuff for now lmao.

edit: Aww yeah, Honeydew has been shipped. Unless DHL does something really weird, I should have them by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #200 of 278
Nice. I believe Google doesn't officially sell the Pixel phones around here which would explain why I'm seeing some potentially-legit-but-maybe-not shops selling it for a completely absurd price of 1300 euros, but it looks like Sony's Xperia phones go pretty low, at least. Especially used.
I've heard the Xperia phones are pretty good as backup devices/impromptu DAPs. Probably a safe bet, but to be sure, might want to check XDA to see what sort of developer support the device you're looking at gets you. I ended up getting my 3a from Amazon a few years back when it was still semi-new. If they're going for 1300 euro, though, sounds like I need to make a trip hahaha.
I'll have to look into that later in the month. I've definitely bought enough stuff for now lmao.

edit: Aww yeah, Honeydew has been shipped. Unless DHL does something really weird, I should have them by the end of the week.
I feel that pain. My wallet still hurts and CanJam is next month. Not much time to recover...

Curious to see what you're going to think of the Honeydew!

Aug 11, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #201 of 278
God, it's almost like DHL is being slow on purpose lol. At this point I really doubt I'll get the Honeydews this week, but fingers crossed. At least the Tanyas should arrive this week, I guess, so I'll get some new toys to mess around with.

edit: oh crap, or maybe not. The tracking pages for both DHL and Finnish postal service are confusing af, but I did get an email about it arriving soon from the latter so maybe I will get my Honeydews soon after all! Crossed the rest of my fingers too.

Anyway, I've been reading up on other IEMs in the mean time--trying to figure out where to go after the Honeydews, maybe--and the Vega 2020s caught my eye. Anyone compared the Vegas and the Honeydews? Going by crinacle's FR graphs, they seem very close to the Honeydews but with just a bit more upper mids/lower treble presence. Maybe something to check out if the Honeydews are otherwise good but a bit too dark for me?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #202 of 278
On the 8 of this month I sent a email to campfire audio and still I’m waiting for response!!!
This is so funny… I chose CA honeydew because of CA QC and CA support but this is what I got…
I’m really upset and I don’t know what to do.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #203 of 278
On the 8 of this month I sent a email to campfire audio and still I’m waiting for response!!!
This is so funny… I chose CA honeydew because of CA QC and CA support but this is what I got…
I’m really upset and I don’t know what to do.

Who did you email? CFA always gets back to me within 48 hours when I have issues.

Follow up again, be kind, and things will be resolved.

There's no reason to freak out/get upset over this.

Aug 14, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #207 of 278
Just got the Honeydews. First impressions:

BASS

edit from beyond the grave: jesus christ

the bass does not end

i have crossed the event horizon

i gazed into the bass and the bass gazed back

i have disconnected from reality and become one with the rumble

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #208 of 278
Our review is now up on the CA Honeydew. I think it competes well with similar single DD creations out there at roughly the same price point.

https://headfonics.com/campfire-audio-honeydew-review/

1629035453660.png

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #209 of 278
Thanks man
But I don’t have the information this page need (warranty serial number) cuz I already sent the Honeydew back to CA

FYI I've never dealt with CA.

They do have a contact phone number on their site. May be the best bet.

Did the return successfully make it's way back to them (via tracking)? Did you follow the instructions on their site about returns?

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #210 of 278
FYI I've never dealt with CA.

They do have a contact phone number on their site. May be the best bet.

Did the return successfully make it's way back to them (via tracking)? Did you follow the instructions on their site about returns?
I’m in iraq and I sent the iem to my friend to usa and he sent it to CA… and he said the iem successfully make it's way back to them
I follow the instructions
Even if I’m not they need to answer my email, I’m a customer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back