Campfire Audio or Something Else?
Jul 4, 2017 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ColdWolfSong

Head-Fier
So recently I've been looking around for a new set of in-ears, and in general looking for a big upgrade to my sound. Right now, my "best" pair of headphones are the Sennheiser HD 598. I bought the JVC FW01, but for some reason they just did not sound as stellar as forum posts lead me to believe. Now with my wallet rejuvenated, I'm looking for something new again. Basically, I've narrowed my search down to the MEE audio Pinnacle P1 and the Campfire audio Lyra II. My only real question is: Are the Lyra II worth their huge pricetag of 700 dollars? Or are the P1, acclaimed for being incredibly good (competing with 400 and 500 dollar in-ears) a hugely better value?

For what it's worth, I mainly listen to classical music and film/game scores.

Update: Randomly decided to throw in the Ultimate Ears UE900s as something to consider. Do they stack up?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm sure this goes without saying, but if you don't need IEMs for a specific purpose, they're not the best buy. But assuming you already know this, I'll ask what you like and dislike about the 598? This should help everybody give some advice because the 598 is something almost everybody has owned, heard, or understands from reviews or forums. It's an annoying process but whichever IEMs people start recommending, consider buying two perhaps and returning the one you like less. Watch out for restocking fees though.

Jul 4, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm sure this goes without saying, but if you don't need IEMs for a specific purpose, they're not the best buy. But assuming you already know this, I'll ask what you like and dislike about the 598? This should help everybody give some advice because the 598 is something almost everybody has owned, heard, or understands from reviews or forums. It's an annoying process but whichever IEMs people start recommending, consider buying two perhaps and returning the one you like less. Watch out for restocking fees though.
There's nothing that I dislike about the 598, barring the build materials. I'm looking for an upgrade to my sound, and I prefer IEM's to fullsize. I just want to know if the Lyra II is worth 500 USD more when put beside the Pinnacle P1. I've narrowed it down to those, albeit the UE900 has caught my eye, if only passingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back