Campfire Audio New IEM release
Jan 3, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #1,111 of 1,221
Yo tengo stellar horizon y blíster star mucho mejor stellar horizon en todo de 1000 a 2600 es lógico nadie regala nada mas cristalino stellar mucho mejores agudos de calle y graves bestiales por favor son 1600 euros de diferencia no habléis por hablar

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #1,113 of 1,221
@ HiFiwar : I looked in your rewiews, don’t you like the lpgt ? 'cause that’s what I got. So would it change your opinion about the iem ?

@ Rockwell75 : I thought of your cascara and bonneville when effect audio released its new cable code 24 in blue and purple ! admit that you thought about it ? :beyersmile:
I've never heard any of the Lootoo products as I stream through Tidal for most things, @Rockwell75 would probably be better to ask about that. I also thought about the new Code24 and avoided it due to weight and stiffness (and price) - though the RN6 cable was similar and awesome. I'm currently using a Vortex Seraphina with the Black Star right now - pretty solid.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #1,114 of 1,221
Yes I did lol That said 1) the ergonomics of the Code 23 are so terrible I'd never blind buy a cable with that sort of shielding without trying it first and 2) Eletech has all my blue and purple cable needs met for the time being :)
That kind of cable, doesn’t it get tangled all the time ?
That’s what’s cooling me, this plastic side that makes knots ..

I hesitated with the bonneville (the impressions of Rockwell75 with its audio material and its combo were nice) but your return made me order the black star, I hope I made a good choice otherwise you will become my enemi :scream: even if I intend to one day test the bonneville and cascara...:L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #1,115 of 1,221
That kind of cable, doesn’t it get tangled all the time ?
That’s what’s cooling me, this plastic side that makes knots ..

I hesitated with the bonneville (the impressions of Rockwell75 with its audio material and its combo were nice) but your return made me order the black star, I hope I made a good choice otherwise you will become my enemi :scream: even if I intend to one day test the bonneville and cascara...:L3000:
That kind of cable is heavy and unwieldy, but they avoid tables quite nicely.

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #1,116 of 1,221
Just got my pair yesterday from the local audio shop.

At first, I was not interested at CFA since I listened to their previous flagships and it happens to be my least favorable sounding.
but I gave them a chance and started to demo their latest Chromatic iems.
I was deeply impressed with Supermoon and very tempted to get one but It was a little too similar to my current main IEM 64A U12T.

I wanted something not referance, something fun to listen to.
Thankfully I've known the shop owner in person and had a chance to demo his pair of Black Star.
Like when I first heard Andromeda OG, Black Star had the CFA Magic that I have not gotten for a while from CFA.
Love how they manage to find a great balance between Fun and Natural (I don't mean Neutral).

My preferred music (Metal, Kpop, and Classic) sounded super engaging and alive.
Yes, this is not a reference type of sound, Yes this is not the perfect IEM that people dream of.
However, Black Star gives me the vibe that CFA once had back in 2016.
The fun engaging lively sound that no iem manufacture makes anymore since the begining of "Harman target Trend".
Sound that is not "FLAT" but not weird like some of CFA iem past couple years.

At last, the price of Iem is going out of control these days, and they have placed black star where OG Andromeda was at.
I am super happy that I can get TOTL quality sound out of killobucks iem today.

Well done CFA you have finally figured out how to recreate CFA Magic!

IMG_1429.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #1,117 of 1,221

At first, I was not interested as CFA since I listened to their previous flagships and it happens to be my least favorable sounding.
I was deeply impressed with Supermoon and very tempted to get one but It was a little too similar to my current main IEM 64A U12T.

Thankfully I've known the shop owner in person and had a chance to demo his pair of Black Star.
Like when I first heard Andromeda OG, Black Star had the CFA Magic that I have not gotten for a while from CFA.
Love how they manage to find a great balance between Fun and Natural (I don't mean Neutral).

Yes, this is not a reference type of sound, Yes this is not the perfect IEM that people dream of.
The fun engaging lively sound that no iem manufacture makes anymore since the begining of "Harman target Trend".

At last, the price of Iem is going out of control these days, and they have placed black star where OG Andromeda was at.

IMG_1429.jpeg
Honestly tempted to pick a pair of these up just for the build, loved how the stellar horizon felt in the hand / ear at Canjam and black star looks to be almost identical in that regard. How do they do with Metal?

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #1,118 of 1,221

At first, I was not interested as CFA since I listened to their previous flagships and it happens to be my least favorable sounding.

IMG_1429.jpeg
Black Star and Supermoon are great. Glad you enjoy yours!

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #1,119 of 1,221
Honestly tempted to pick a pair of these up just for the build, loved how the stellar horizon felt in the hand / ear at Canjam and black star looks to be almost identical in that regard. How do they do with Metal?
They look gorgeous in hands.
As metalhead I love them.

Kick snare is fast as lightning, guitar is vivid and alive. Picking up note effortlessly but still gives you the forwardness.

Crash and high can bit slightly too aggressive depending on your hearing and volume, but you can tame it down with foam tips and insert depth.

It sounds leaning towards direct presentation so if you like more of 3D holographical sounding it might be too narrow for some.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,121 of 1,221
Really liked supermoon. If I have to grab only one iem from cfa, Supermoon is the one I am going with.
Those planars are awesome. Not a ton of bass, but just excellent mids and highs. I'd still have mine if they didn't have a bad connection on the right ear.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #1,123 of 1,221
Soooo...a long time lurker. I loved the andromeda. Anyone that has listenedto both can give me a good comparison...dark star and solaris se. Thank You 🙏
Which Andromeda? I've only heard the... 2019? Black Star has more bass in my opinion as I felt the Andromeda was a little light on bass, though not as bad as some made it out to be. I think, but can't confirm, that the Dark Star is the Solaris SH with the newly developed 10mm DD and without all the fancy packaging and faceplates. So personally I'd pick the Black Star unless you need all of the extras and the gold faceplate, which admittedly is pretty cool. I think the Black Star is lighter as well without the metal faceplate. I assume, but again cannot confirm, that the Dark Star was made with extra Solaris SH body's. I've never heard the SE, so I can't help you compare there.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #1,124 of 1,221
Soooo...a long time lurker. I loved the andromeda. Anyone that has listenedto both can give me a good comparison...dark star and solaris se. Thank You 🙏
I currently have Andromeda 2020 and a black star in my hand.
Black star is ever so slightly more U shape. it has more bass but the black star is tighter so it does not feel bassy at all compared to Andromeda 2020.

Mid seems to be fairly similar but the black star is a little more forward imo.
Andromeda 2020 is a bit more smoother and laid back than a black star.

High is where two iem has the most difference. Black star does have more high and extra sparkle which can be found to fatigue for some.
I am trained to be used to 7~8khz sparkle from ier-z1r so I enjoy extra sparkle and energy from that region.
However, if you find Andromeda sitting right at the border between sparkle and fatigue high, the Black star will be fatigued.
but if you are fine with Andromeda's high and want some more liveness and sparkle, Black star will give you more sparkle and slightly more air to the track like Andro 2019. (2020 has the least sparkle out of the Andromeda series except emerald sea)

I would say Black star and Andromeda share quite a similar presentation so it is nothing like OG Solaris.
If Andromeda 2020 is considered closer to a reference-sounding iem, the black star is a more engaging and fun-sounding iem.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #1,125 of 1,221
Anyone think that a new Campfire Audio Atlas for $449USD is a good deal these days? I know its an older model, and most newer models have more than 1 driver, but still saw most used models being sold for more than that.
My other iems are empire ears zeus and yanyin canon II -- would the atlas be different enough to make them interesting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back